Sometimes it's hard to sew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it's hard to sew

I know people have cats lie on top of them or their sewing, but kids? This was my view most of yesterday afternoon. Not only did he want to lie across my lap, he insisted on me watching the movie (Cars II for the zillionth time), asking me questions and commenting throughout (you can clearly see him talking and gesturing towards the telly in the picture). HOW am I meant to get any sewing done?!? Oh well, it was quite cozy.

David i knät.jpg

Today was day five of me and David being home from work and daycare, we've both had a light flue or something - fever, coughs, headaches, runny noses etc. I think today might've been our first day without a fever. (Not going to kill that idea by actually taking my temperature, no sir!)
    Last edited by Wwena; February 28, 2014, 03:55 PM.
    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Re: Sometimes it's hard to sew

I think he would win out over cats any day!

Get well, both of you!

P.S. You know you've seen or heard a movie enough times when you wake in the middle of the night humming the theme song.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

You are multitask very well. I was use to kiddos on my lap when I was at the computer, not sure I could do it and sew. Although they are too big for my lap, many times all of them are either around me or in the same room while I sew. This was what led to me moving the sewing area from the bedroom (not much room) to the living room (a little more room). And I actually like having the sewing area in the living room, at least we can spread out a little more. But they still like to be close by which is fine by me.

Hope both get feeling better soon.

Comment

You are singing my song. I have 4 kiddos, the oldest being 6. By the end of the day I am exhausted, which is my only time to sew.

Comment

Cute, cute, cute lol.

Is that English Paper Piecing you're doing?
          I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
          Lorraine

Comment

Does look quite cozy!

Hope you all are feeling MUCH better!

I have not even touched my hexies in a few months. I am getting the urge again.
            Cathryn

Comment

My 'baby' will be 19 in two weeks - and she still likes to sit on my lap (luckily, she is small ) - I never miss the chance to snuggle because I know she will move out before I know it!

Comment

How sweet I don't know if you ever said, but is this quilt for your family? I see little hint's of kids stuff in it.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Enjoy it while you can, Anna. They grow up soooo fast. Hope you feel better soon.
                  My friends call me Peggy
                  The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

What a cutie! I hope you'll both be all better soon.

I had a two year old watching me FMQ the other day. We were both so happy being together! Then, just as I'm in that groove you get in when sewing, I hear a clunk. It was the sound of my automatic thread cutter! He found the button with the cute scissors on it and just had to push it.

He cried when I threw him out of the room and back to his mother. Never again!
                    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

So gorgeous! My four and a half year old would LOVE to get to my sewing area but he is at the age where he would probably "explore" the machine a bit too much and then I would be unable to get it to work again so for now, I try to keep him out of the sewing room!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LorraineRob View Post
                        Cute, cute, cute lol.

Is that English Paper Piecing you're doing?
                        Yes it's my hexagon quilt! It's a keeper for sure... It has all kinds of fabrics and so much of my dear forum friends in it (Cat, I'm pretty sure yours is in the pic!). DH was worried, seeing the work I put into it, I was going to give it away but he needn't have worried - this one is mine!

We are feeling much better now, thanks!! I still have a very heavy head and clogged up nose but the rest of me is doing so much better.
                        ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                        X