Well....Here it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well....Here it is...

Finally.... I got my first...and possibly last Falling Charms top done... The center, anyway.... There are a couple of unmatched seems.....which would ordinarily cause me angst..... But I am do glad just go have the thing together, that I have decided to let them go.... A first for me.... The charm placement isn't quite right but.... It's done, and that's what counts this time....

Now I need to decide about birders... Do I need them? Should I do a narrow and then a wider one....or just one...or nine?

I think I would like this pattern more with nearly solid charms, and frames with some kind of coordinating print...

Yay!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Well....Here it is...

Pics??????????????????
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Nine birders? Just kidding! Turnoff auto correct!

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
        Finally.... I got my first...and possibly last Falling Charms top done... The center, anyway.... There are a couple of unmatched seems.....which would ordinarily cause me angst..... But I am do glad just go have the thing together, that I have decided to let them go.... A first for me.... The charm placement isn't quite right but.... It's done, and that's what counts this time....

Now I need to decide about birders... Do I need them? Should I do a narrow and then a wider one....or just one...or nine?

I think I would like this pattern more with nearly solid charms, and frames with some kind of coordinating print...

Yay!
        I always do a small inner border, 2.5 inches the same color as my sashing strips in the block, and a wider 4 to 5 inch outer border of one of the fabrics in the charms packs.

It makes a nice sized quilt for me.

Comment

Here's the picture I meant to post!
          Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Here's the picture I meant to post!
            Sandy that is so pretty. And it will look even better with birders! LOL. Maybe Jenny should do a tutorial on birders! LOL I may have to do a Falling Charm quilt.

Comment

Looks good. I would put a thin dark border to stop the pattern and then choose one of the colors in the charms, blue maybe, and make a wider border of that.
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                Sandy that is so pretty. And it will look even better with birders! LOL. Maybe Jenny should do a tutorial on birders! LOL I may have to do a Falling Charm quilt.
                She has, Look in Karen's user notes or search on Youtube and it's there.

Comment

Yay!
                  Sandy...
                  this is what i did with mine....
                  TrevAman 1.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Very Pretty

Comment

Sandy, we love you so much here, but the added treat is the auto-correct we get on your messages. You absolutely make my day. So glad to have a bit of competition here. Hugs and all that stuff. Sandy
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I vote for a blue birder ...
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

That's so pretty. It'll look great when it's finished.
                          I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                          Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
                            Looks good. I would put a thin dark border to stop the pattern and then choose one of the colors in the charms, blue maybe, and make a wider border of that.
                            Thanks for your suggestion on how to handle my "birders".... I think the store where I bought the charm pack might still have some of the yardage... I'll check on their online store today....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Nice work. Yep, some small border would look nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X