Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail

So I signed up for a block swap and was excited to participate. Then life got in the way and I ended up not being able to finish. My 9 mo old ended up in the ER after 2 weeks of taking care of her at home while also working full time, and the blocks were put on the back burner. I only got one small baby quilt done this month. I felt awful making a commitment and not being able to follow through.
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
    sigpic
    There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Re: Fail

Sometimes life gets in the way. As long as you let the person in charge know and don't just ignore them, I think they will understand. It is when people just don't follow through, and fail to answer PM's or e-mails is when feelings get hurt.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

That's really a shame. I hope you let them know as soon as you could, so they could perhaps cover you. That sort of thing get very touchy depending on the swappers and the size of the swap. I've seen people blocked from swapping when they don't follow through. Make sure you tell them what you told us. Always let them know as soon as you can if something comes up. It's better not to sign up than to let all of those ladies down. Peace.

Comment

I would say let the organizer know. Life happens, most people will understand that your child ended up sick. As much as I think quilting takes priority, your children really should come first. Hope the little person gets to feeling better.

Comment

Hey April
          I totally understand how these things happen, you can't help it if your baby gets sick. I hope it isn't something really serious & she gets better soon. I'm sure all the ladies in the swap will be understanding.
          Just be sure to let the swap leader know.
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

It's ok April! Thank you for letting me know! I hope your daughter is getting better...and don't worry you can always participate in the next block swap we do. The way we did this swap does not leave anyone hanging on the other end....so it's ok.
            :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Working...
            X