Smokey River Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey River Pattern

I bought this awhile back and didn't read the description close enough. I need two special rulers to make this quilt. I don't want to spend the money on something I will only use once. So, the pattern is up for trade. It's from Keepsake Quilting.

SMOKEY RIVER PATTERN - Product Details

Re: Smokey River Pattern

What rulers are they?
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
      What rulers are they?
      The products description says: "easy angle and companion angle acrylic templates"
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I bought that pattern too! Isn't it pretty?

I saw that it 'needed' the rulers, but I'm cheap and figured I could make it with the rulers I have already. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it can be done.

Are you sure they are absolutely necessary?

Comment

I didn't see anything in that block that would call for a special ruler.

Comment

I have those from the Taos class I took, and even though I don't think they were necessary, it made things much easier! I think if you bought them, you would find yourself using them again. The companion angle is very nice when cutting triangles.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Cute pattern! Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville swears by those 2 rulers. I still have not ordered them, but I am tempted.
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I have contemplated making my own 'rulers'. It wouldn't be hard to do. If I do triangles, it's usually paper piecing so I don't have any speciality rulers. Hmmm, what to do???

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
                  I have contemplated making my own 'rulers'. It wouldn't be hard to do. If I do triangles, it's usually paper piecing so I don't have any speciality rulers. Hmmm, what to do???
                  Can you get a hold of plastic template sheets? One of my shops carries them and it's not to expensive. You could draw lines on it too.
                  ­čî║ Lorie

Comment

I actually have some here. I will have to mess with it this weekend.

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    Can you get a hold of plastic template sheets? One of my shops carries them and it's not to expensive. You could draw lines on it too.

Comment

I have both the Easy Angle and the Companion Angle rulers. I haven't used the Companion Angle yet, but the Easy Angle is great for cutting half-square triangle pieces from strips. I'll definitely use it more than once.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I have the companion angle and found it extremely helpful in squaring up HST's - I feel that those rulers are definitely worth having! If you have a JoAnn's near you or online - you can use a coupon or buy it when they have their quilting supplies at 50% off (that's when I buy my rulers and templates) - probably be around $10 - $12 for both on sale! I love that pattern - very beautiful

Comment

I live overseas, so no Joann's near me and they will not ship here. I can't get the rulers here either.

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                          I have the companion angle and found it extremely helpful in squaring up HST's - I feel that those rulers are definitely worth having! If you have a JoAnn's near you or online - you can use a coupon or buy it when they have their quilting supplies at 50% off (that's when I buy my rulers and templates) - probably be around $10 - $12 for both on sale! I love that pattern - very beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
                            I live overseas, so no Joann's near me and they will not ship here. I can't get the rulers here either.
                            Ooops, I didn't look at your location before! Hmmm... thinking... probably not really cost effective to ship them there from here...

maybe something similar can be found here??
                            B├│thildur (and I absolutely cannot read it but I see the word 'jelly roll' )
                            Last edited by songbird857; February 27, 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks. They have VERY limited hours.

Deb

PS: You can't read Icelandic?? Who would've thunk that??

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                              Ooops, I didn't look at your location before! Hmmm... thinking... probably not really cost effective to ship them there from here...

maybe something similar can be found here??
                              B├│thildur (and I absolutely cannot read it but I see the word 'jelly roll' )

Comment

Working...
                              X