How many quilts do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many quilts do you own?

The more I quilt, the harder I'm finding it to give them away. Sometimes, I buy fabric and I have someone in mind of who it's for and I have no problem letting them go. But when I buy fabric I like I don't want to part with the finished product. Now my 8 year-old daughter is trying to lay claim to them too. I've already made her one in the last year and now she wants another that I'm working on. A friend wants one that I'm currently finishing but I'm not going to be able to part with it. I've been quilting for 2 1/2 years and I have 3 (soon to be 4) and my daughter has 1 (soon to be 2). So, how many do you all own??

Re: How many quilts do you own?

I have a dozen or so of quilts that I've made and kept and the fabrics for those were bought to match my home. I've made numerous quilts for gifts and the fabric for those was bought with the recipients taste in mind so it was easier to let those go. There is one quilt though, a Christmas one that I now wish I would have kept I really loved it and had a hard time parting with it.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I have about 30 old family quilts and about 20 that I've made. Most of the quilts I've made have been given away. Many have been auctioned or raffled to earn money for benefits and the majority have been gifts.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I don't even know....I have 4 DGD's and they each have 2 or more, my DD has 2 or more......I think I'll have to do an inventory!
        ~Kathy~

Comment

I have 6 family heirloom quilts my family has passed down. I am a new quilter, so I don't have a completed quilt as of yet. I am in the process of constructing two quilts, a Flower Garden Quilt, and a Dresden that I have just started.
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have one on my bed , one for the cat, one on my sons bed , one in my car ,2 other tops done, one for my son , one for the sofa, and I gave a cat quilt away. Most of my quilts I make are either for family members or donations with most going to PICU. I make a lot of other quilted things like table runners, bed runners table toppers , bags etc.
            Last edited by Iris Girl; February 25, 2014, 05:40 AM.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Let's see....DH has 2, DD has 2, the cat has 1, I have 1...working on 3 more that I will be be keeping around the house. The others have been given away to family.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

WTMTC.

Way too many to count.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact number but it's over 20 including quilts made by my mom and MIL.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Between five to ten old ones, the one I made Monkeyman and that is it for me I'm working to remedy the situation tho!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'm like you Tricia
                      I've been quilting a long time but most of my quilts have been given away. I only have 4 finished quilts in my house. All other went to family, friends or charity,,, the same thing was happening to me. I'd be working on a quilt & someone would admire it so I gave it to them.
                      I am determined to have quilts on all my beds & spares for cold weather. I want to get rid of all the store bought blankets in the house.
                      So, my plan is to start keeping the quilts that I really love. I'll still be making quilts for others, but I'm not going to give away any that I'm making for me...
                      Yes I can be selfish. LOL
                      May the road rise up to meet you...
                      May the wind be always at your back...
                      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Ha Ha... I am the odd ball here. I only have 4 quilts here that we ( household) own. One is my first ever quilt, lol, and my DH's bass quilt I just made him this past summer. One I got for Christmas that is currently on my bed, and one I bought a long time ago. I give away almost all of what I quilt. Some as gifts, but mostly to charity. My PICU group, Blondie's COC group. I have made quilts for soldiers and baby's that did not survive. I am currently finishing up one for a benefit, to raise money. Already did one that is being raffled. Guess I should make some for me, that can pass on to the kids.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

I have 12 that I have made into quilts and 10 quilt tops awaiting to be. I keep making the tops because that is what I like to do best. I have given 6 away to family members. I keep wondering what my daughter is going to do with all of these quilts when I am gone, as well as all the fabric, supplies, machines and frame that I have. I have told her to put groups of fabric on Craig's List, so I do hope she gets some money for the stuff.
                          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Out of all the quilts I've made, I own TWO. After I finish the 7 baby quilts I have due by end of April, I am making one for myself and myself only.

Comment

I have several keepsake quilts that were made by family members. I have the very first quilt that I did completely from start to finish. The children each have several baby blankets that I made and now they have larger quilts that I made for them.

I don't have a problem giving away a quilt that goes to someone who will love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X