• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midge
    replied
    Re: Do you quilt in your sleep

Originally posted by grandma of 6 View Post
    I do this ALL the time. Sometimes to the point where I'll almost get up to go to the sewing room to work on something. If I don't do this, it will actually keep me from a good night's sleep. This hobby is making me sleep deprived.
    Thank goodness, I'm not alone in my weirdness! As I've gotten older, a solid night's sleep is a thing of the past. The only thing that keeps me from getting up and sewing during the night is that I would have to take the dog out, which means getting dressed! Yes, I am powerless...

Leave a comment:

• Claire OneStitchAtATime
    replied

Originally posted by TheYarnmaiden View Post
    And here I thought it was just a pregnant brain thing that woke me up at 3am to start a 50in dresden plate. LOL
    Glad to know it's not just me. <3
    People always tell you, when you're pregnant, to get a lot of sleep before the baby comes. They're totally forgetting that sleeping while pregnant is an Olympic sport -- there's the indigestion, the aches & pains, the pressure on your bladder, the little guy or gal doing calisthenics in there at 3 in the morning, the nausea .... Sheesh.
    Last edited by Claire OneStitchAtATime; June 19, 2014, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheYarnmaiden
    replied

And here I thought it was just a pregnant brain thing that woke me up at 3am to start a 50in dresden plate. LOL
    Glad to know it's not just me. <3

Leave a comment:

• dnharrison
    replied

I work from home and often find myself sitting and staring at the projects I'm dying to get to! Don't tell my boss!

Leave a comment:

• SandraC
    replied

I am also guilty especially if I had been looking at a magazine or on-line patterns. I seem to dissect the pictures, change the fabrics into my own likes, and follow the quilting designs. I recently purchased Kaffe Fassett's "Quilt Romance" which is an absolutely magnificent book. I cannot get the images of the photo shoot of the finished quilts out of my brain - and there is so little room left in that brain.

Leave a comment:

• MingS
    replied

Yes, me too. Knew I was spending to much time on YouTube watching Jenny's tutorials - when the little duck kept doing the quack in my dreams!

Leave a comment:

• Eliza
    replied

Not so much dreaming about quilting but thinking about it when going to sleep to slow down my mind. When I first wake up (during the night or in the morning) is when ideas come to me about how to finish a border, etc.

And, I was in the supermarket the other day when I saw a book on the shelf with "Quilty" in the title. Of course I stopped to have a look only to find it actually said "Guilty"!

Leave a comment:

• laura44
    replied

I was going to post this discussion but I see someone already has. I dream about quilting
    and fabric every night. Last night I had a dream that I designed a new pattern that I
    never had seen before. I woke up, thought about writing it down, but went back to sleep.
    Starting to consume my life! In a good way, I think!

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I often go to sleep while thinking about quilting.... I've had to get up and go see if something will work, too. This happened a lot when I first started quilting.... I've even caught myself panning a quilt, in my head, when a sermon got too long- winded... That's a secret little vice....

Leave a comment:

• Murphy
    replied

You are definitely hooked my dear! LOL and yes, I eat sleep and drink quilts, see them everywhere. . . sometimes gets on people's nerves haha

Leave a comment:

• SandyWhite
    replied

I did last night, but dang I can't remember what I made.

Leave a comment:

• fliggie
    replied

I do this when I need to relax and get my mind off of something, like work! When I'm stressed, I just go to my happy quilting place in my head for a few minutes. Zen quilting, I guess

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
    I do a lot of designing when I lay down to go to 'sleep'... I have figured out borders, colors, etc... I used to do it all the time when I was making figure skating outfits for my girls; now it's transferred to quilting!
    And.... this is really bad.... are ya ready??? No matter what time I actually fall asleep, I wake up at around 1 am; could be 1:15, but it's usually close.... and that is the time on the east coast that the DD changes... oh boy; and of course I have to check it on my phone since I'm up, right?? I'll admit, I have bought a few DD's at 1 in the morning sheesh...
    Jenny said at the quilt show that between 1 and 2 in the morning was the busiest on-line times.

I have the problem of dreaming about something thinking that I've gotten the project done only to wake up and realize it is not done yet.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Me too. Mine right now is should that be black or white sashing. Then it switches to what jelly roll to use for the other one I'm planning. Then I wake up and check the quilt shop for something else. I should spend my nite owl hours sewing instead of watching TV trying to get back to sleep.lol

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

I don't remember my dreams, but I know I'm thinking quilting much of the time when I'm awake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X