Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you quilt in your sleep

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
    I do a lot of designing when I lay down to go to 'sleep'... I have figured out borders, colors, etc... I used to do it all the time when I was making figure skating outfits for my girls; now it's transferred to quilting!
    And.... this is really bad.... are ya ready??? No matter what time I actually fall asleep, I wake up at around 1 am; could be 1:15, but it's usually close.... and that is the time on the east coast that the DD changes... oh boy; and of course I have to check it on my phone since I'm up, right?? I'll admit, I have bought a few DD's at 1 in the morning sheesh...
    Jenny said at the quilt show that between 1 and 2 in the morning was the busiest on-line times.

I have the problem of dreaming about something thinking that I've gotten the project done only to wake up and realize it is not done yet.

Comment

I do this when I need to relax and get my mind off of something, like work! When I'm stressed, I just go to my happy quilting place in my head for a few minutes. Zen quilting, I guess

Comment

I did last night, but dang I can't remember what I made.
        SandyWhite
        Ocala, Florida
        http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

You are definitely hooked my dear! LOL and yes, I eat sleep and drink quilts, see them everywhere. . . sometimes gets on people's nerves haha
          Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

I often go to sleep while thinking about quilting.... I've had to get up and go see if something will work, too. This happened a lot when I first started quilting.... I've even caught myself panning a quilt, in my head, when a sermon got too long- winded... That's a secret little vice....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I was going to post this discussion but I see someone already has. I dream about quilting
              and fabric every night. Last night I had a dream that I designed a new pattern that I
              never had seen before. I woke up, thought about writing it down, but went back to sleep.
              Starting to consume my life! In a good way, I think!

Comment

Not so much dreaming about quilting but thinking about it when going to sleep to slow down my mind. When I first wake up (during the night or in the morning) is when ideas come to me about how to finish a border, etc.

And, I was in the supermarket the other day when I saw a book on the shelf with "Quilty" in the title. Of course I stopped to have a look only to find it actually said "Guilty"!

Comment

Yes, me too. Knew I was spending to much time on YouTube watching Jenny's tutorials - when the little duck kept doing the quack in my dreams!

Comment

I am also guilty especially if I had been looking at a magazine or on-line patterns. I seem to dissect the pictures, change the fabrics into my own likes, and follow the quilting designs. I recently purchased Kaffe Fassett's "Quilt Romance" which is an absolutely magnificent book. I cannot get the images of the photo shoot of the finished quilts out of my brain - and there is so little room left in that brain.

Comment

I work from home and often find myself sitting and staring at the projects I'm dying to get to! Don't tell my boss!

Comment

And here I thought it was just a pregnant brain thing that woke me up at 3am to start a 50in dresden plate. LOL
                        Glad to know it's not just me. <3

Comment

Originally posted by TheYarnmaiden View Post
                          And here I thought it was just a pregnant brain thing that woke me up at 3am to start a 50in dresden plate. LOL
                          Glad to know it's not just me. <3
                          People always tell you, when you're pregnant, to get a lot of sleep before the baby comes. They're totally forgetting that sleeping while pregnant is an Olympic sport -- there's the indigestion, the aches & pains, the pressure on your bladder, the little guy or gal doing calisthenics in there at 3 in the morning, the nausea .... Sheesh.
                          Last edited by Claire OneStitchAtATime; June 19, 2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grandma of 6 View Post
                            I do this ALL the time. Sometimes to the point where I'll almost get up to go to the sewing room to work on something. If I don't do this, it will actually keep me from a good night's sleep. This hobby is making me sleep deprived.
                            Thank goodness, I'm not alone in my weirdness! As I've gotten older, a solid night's sleep is a thing of the past. The only thing that keeps me from getting up and sewing during the night is that I would have to take the dog out, which means getting dressed! Yes, I am powerless...

Comment

Working...
                            X