Do you quilt in your sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you quilt in your sleep

I am new at quilting working on my second one and I wake up at night thinking about my next quilt and what material I will use and what pattern. I still have so much work to do on the one I am working on. I think I am hoked.

Re: Do you quilt in your sleep

I do this ALL the time. Sometimes to the point where I'll almost get up to go to the sewing room to work on something. If I don't do this, it will actually keep me from a good night's sleep. This hobby is making me sleep deprived.
    Diane Gulick
    Proud Grandma of 7 grandchildren and wife to the most wonderful husband ever.

Comment

Hi Anita.........you are not alone. I think it happens to all of us! Sometimes I had way too many ideas swirling in my head. It seems like its worse when you first get hooked on quilting. Guess what.....I think you are hooked! Have fun quilting!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I also do this all the time

Comment

All the time! I seem to be thinking about the "next one" or the one I intend to do all the time! Good brain exercise..keeps it working! When I was scrapbooking, I loved doing punch art with punches. You punch shapes and glue them together to make something. I'd be walking along and see something I liked and immediately think "which punches can I use to make that?" and start disecting the item into shapes, go home and literally make one out of paper! Now, I seem to always be disecting quilts into HST's.. and thinking, how can I make that pattern using HST's? Often it works, other times it doesn't, but HST's are my favorite quilting pattern, so I try to use it when at all possible!
          Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

I have dreams about quilting, and I always think about what to do next.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I also do that, a lot! I work through designs in my sleep! Guess we are all hooked on quilting!
              April

Comment

Count me in on this! I do my best figuring out of problems and refinement of techniques when I'm supposed to be sleeping. I do it for costume designing also. Makes for some mighty tired days!

Comment

I also do that. I will have a quilt give me fits and in my sleep I will think it through and then when I'm at work the fix will come to me and then I can't wait to get and try it while it is still on my mind. I have been late starting supper many a time because of this.

Comment

I do a lot of designing when I lay down to go to 'sleep'... I have figured out borders, colors, etc... I used to do it all the time when I was making figure skating outfits for my girls; now it's transferred to quilting!
                    And.... this is really bad.... are ya ready??? No matter what time I actually fall asleep, I wake up at around 1 am; could be 1:15, but it's usually close.... and that is the time on the east coast that the DD changes... oh boy; and of course I have to check it on my phone since I'm up, right?? I'll admit, I have bought a few DD's at 1 in the morning sheesh...

Comment

After spending a day in hell trying to learn how to paper piece, making the Feather Star by Quiltworx, it was in my sleep that night that it finally came to me and I was able to get up and sew my parts together.....it was fabulous!
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

You are NOT alone! Some nights I barely get 2 hrs sleep because the ideas and fabrics are like a tornado in my mind. I've started carrying a small note book around so I can write or draw the idea at that time. If I can "release" the idea onto paper then I don't feel like I have to hang on to it in my head so I don't forget it. LOL Sometimes the creativity is on warp speed!

Comment

I wake up most mornings remembering my quilting dreams - some inspiration, some confusion.
                          Preeti
                          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't remember my dreams, but I know I'm thinking quilting much of the time when I'm awake.

Comment

Me too. Mine right now is should that be black or white sashing. Then it switches to what jelly roll to use for the other one I'm planning. Then I wake up and check the quilt shop for something else. I should spend my nite owl hours sewing instead of watching TV trying to get back to sleep.lol
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X