Going carzy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going carzy.

I started this brick pattern on Wednesday. I had to wait until I had all the unfinished stuff done. So I cut the fabric in 5"x5" squares and 5"x10". On Thursday after work I sewed all the 5"x5" and 5"x10" laid them all out on the floor. Now I can't stop rearranging them. It's Sunday already. I was just wondering how long is too long to keep moving them around?

Re: Going carzy.

Until you get tired of it, I suppose. Have you done the squinting thing to see if anything stands out that bothers you. That's always a big help to me with that type of thing.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Take pics of different arrangements and then look at the pics and decide. Sometimes you see something in a pic that you don't see when you're looking at it up close.
      Cil
      A quilt is a blanket of love
      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Madeforyouinma11 View Post
        Take pics of different arrangements and then look at the pics and decide. Sometimes you see something in a pic that you don't see when you're looking at it up close.
        It is true that a picture will let you see things you might not see otherwise. The D4P I'm working on is an example of that. I didn't see that the "Disappearing parts" of the block were making a frame. So I agree take pics and look at them.

And as far as how long is enough? Well, when you get it the way you want it you will probably know it. Then stop. Just enjoy it and have fun. Post some pics so we can see what you have done.

Comment

When that happens to me I take pictures, then put it away for a while. It kind of clears my mind and let's all the ideas settle. Coming back gives me a new perspective and the decision seems easier. One thing I don't like to do is give myself a deadline.

Comment

Until you think you have it right...but don't obsess over it. I like the idea of taking pics.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I'm doing the same thing on a heart shaped quilt I'm making. I'm driving myself mad!!!!!
              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

2014-02-22 20.37.27.jpg Finally just did it. I have the strips sewn together. Gonna try and post the pic.

Comment

Looks really good! I know sometimes I really stress over arranging or deciding about borders, etc. sometimes it's hard to remember that this is supposed to be fun. Good luck.
                  Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                  X