Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me your review on your cordless iron.....I want one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me your review on your cordless iron.....I want one!

I want to get a cordless iron. I have ready on Amazon.com many reviews for several different brands. But since you never know if those reviews are REALLY from someone with the iron or not....anyone here have cordless iron? Can you give a review about it here..brand name, how long it stays charged when off the base, or how often you have to recharge it, how smooth it glides etc....anything you have to share, Id sure appreciate hearing it so I can make a good decision because since they aren't cheap, I can only buy once! Thanks for the information!
    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Re: Give me your review on your cordless iron.....I want one!

I'm right there with you. Love the idea of cordless, and my old girl is starting to lose her heat.

Comment

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/pro...about-one.html

This thread, 2 poster talk about having a Panasonic cordless and like it.

Comment

I bought the Panasonic cordless iron. I was one of the two posters a few days ago. It came, and I have been using it for two days now. I like it. It is relatively small and is lightweight. My big heavy iron fell on the floor and the water tank busted, so even though it cost more than the Panasonic, it still busted.

My ironing set up is an ironing board with a piece of plywood covered by cloth and is the size a bit bigger than a fat quarter. That leaves part of the ironing board to the right of it that narrows. Since I am right handed, I put the base there. The base does plug in, but that is out of the way for me. The iron only has three settings, which is weird, but sufficient for me. You have to place the iron on the base when not in use for it to maintain its heat. Now, I have been placing irons upright for years and years, so it is no easy task to relearn to put it on the base. I have been doing well, and the iron has been performing well. So, I guess I'd say I like it. It is nice not to have to fight the cord.
        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by yeeehawterri View Post
          I'm right there with you. Love the idea of cordless, and my old girl is starting to lose her heat.
          My Black and Decker is 35 years old...got it as a wedding gift! Works great...but that cord.... it is fine on my pressing table, but when I need to iron something on the ironing board...I have to unplug and move it over to the ironing board where there is no plug so I have to move the ironing board near a plug and then plug in! Obviously, going through all that, my ironing stacks up quite a bit and I hate that! I dont' minde ironing, but all that relocation...drives me to drink!
          Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

This is the one I bought new iron 002.jpgnew iron 003.jpg It is a Panasonic.
            I love it!!! Did I say I love it? I was always mumbling and complaining to hubby about the cord in the way. We tried to rig a few ideas to keep it out of the way and each way worked minamally for a short period of time. Then I saw a post about cordless and the lightbulb went off. The base has a retractable cord so I can pull out only as much as I need to each the socket. No excess cord there. The Iron has a nice weight to it. It steams great or you can choose no steam. It gets nice and hot very quickly. The tank disengages for easy filling. and it has a protective cover the snaps on and is also a carrying case. As a regular clothes ironing iron I am not sure how good it would be. I have not tested how long it takes to cool down. But for quilting where you sew a seam and press it is fantastic! I wish I had done this years ago.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
              This is the one I bought [ATTACH=CONFIG]69272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69273[/ATTACH] It is a Panasonic.
              I love it!!! Did I say I love it? I was always mumbling and complaining to hubby about the cord in the way. We tried to rig a few ideas to keep it out of the way and each way worked minamally for a short period of time. Then I saw a post about cordless and the lightbulb went off. The base has a retractable cord so I can pull out only as much as I need to each the socket. No excess cord there. The Iron has a nice weight to it. It steams great or you can choose no steam. It gets nice and hot very quickly. The tank disengages for easy filling. and it has a protective cover the snaps on and is also a carrying case. As a regular clothes ironing iron I am not sure how good it would be. I have not tested how long it takes to cool down. But for quilting where you sew a seam and press it is fantastic! I wish I had done this years ago.
              I bought this same iron. And I love it! Have only used it once but I used it to press a queen size quilt back and a queen size quilt top. The quilt back had a lot of set in wrinkles and with a little spritz of Mary Ellen and the steam from this iron I got them out.

I read through all the instructions first. It said that you set down an iron anyway when you readjust the fabric so you need to get used to setting it down on the recharge base. I set the base near me and that's what I did and the iron was hot for the entire time.

I think the iron would be too heavy if you had to have a battery in it plus it would take longer to recharge the battery. This does not take long to get hot when it's on the base.

The instructions also say that the steam only works on high.

The iron that I bought was only $55 and that was with free shipping.
              Vonnie

Comment

I have a Panasonic 360 ( hsn) I love it!!! I don't think I could go back to having a cord!!

Comment

I have that same Panasonic iron, and it is great in every way. The only drawback is if you are doing a lot of blocks, or pressing a quilt top/back, you have to place it back on the base when you notice that it isn't steaming/pressing out the wrinkles. When I was pressing my JRR quilt top, I could only do a couple of rows at a time when I was getting it ready for pinning to make the sandwich. Just one point to consider (if you have a corded iron as a back up, I would probably suggest to use that.)

Comment

I have a cordless Oreck iron, but never use it as a cordless. It never held the heat well enough to use as a cordless.
                    Gayle

Comment

I have not had any issue with mine. since you have to set your iron down to move and re a rearrange your fabric for the next pressing area it goes back in the base and is ready when I am . Best investment I ever made.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have an Oreck cordless, green one, and it gets hot enough but the steam isn't very good. Got it at a garage sale for $5.
                        Looking at buying the Panasonic to get better steam. I really love the cordlessness of it.
                        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

ok, I bit the bullet and went out and bought the Panasonic cordless iron at WalMart. I needed to get a little more fabric for the hunters star for my binding anyway. All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Comment

I saw 2 different Panasonic ones on amazon. Which one do you have? On another note I found a cordless iron listed on amazon that was only $20 so I decided to try it. When it arrived it had a cord so now I have to make a trip to ups to return. Online it now says the one I ordered is unavailable. I like the idea of a cordless iron but have been concerned about how long they will hold the heat.
                            Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Panasonic Steam Iron with Carrying Case - Walmart.com
                              This is the one I bought at walmart. I read revues and the $59 one was liked more than the $70 one. Still kinda pricey, but has good steam and burst of steam. Only thing I see so far is it shuts off after 10 minutes and you have to turn it back on, not just shake it. Good side to that is that it heated up VERY quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X