Texas Quilt Museum and Quilt Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Quilt Museum and Quilt Show

I have lived for nine years 15 miles from the Texas Quilt Museum in La Grange, TX and have never gone. Today and tomorrow there is also a quilt show at the Fayette County (Texas) Fair Grounds.

I went to the museum this afternoon, and found it was a very small museum. There were maybe 30 quilts there, and they were from all over the world - not from Texas. They would not let you take pictures.

Next door to the museum is a shop. They have tons of beautiful fabric, but I didn't buy any. The shop was so crowded with women from the Fair. I may (or may not) go to the Fair tomorrow. I have gone before, and saw many beautiful and amazing quilts. Last time the vendors weren't much - not like the Houston Quilt Show that you could spend days at and not see everything.

Anyone near here should go if they want. Here is a link to the museum:

Texas Quilt Museum Houston Quilts
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Re: Texas Quilt Museum and Quilt Show

I've never been to the museum but I heard it was small too. That's too bad you can't take photos. I wonder why.

I had thought about going to the fair but my daughter is flying home for the weekend. I'm sure nothing compares to the show in Houston - both in quilts and in vendors. But it might be easier to shop and ask questions.

Comment

Working...
    X