What I'm Working On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm Working On

I'm working on a French braid quilt from the book "French Braid Obsessions". It's the "Flying Free" quilt if anyone has the book. The center panel is an Oriental design with geishas, and the braids range from very light gold to darker gold. I have the braids done and am ready to sew everything together. Making the braids was easy, but measuring and marking the seam lines is a little challenging. Has anyone made this quilt.

Has anyone made this quilt?

Here is the pictures from the book:
    Attached Files

Re: What I'm Working On

I believe I have that book at home, however I have never made anything from it! Sorry I am of no help!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks, Bubba, but I don't really need help. I was just making the point that measuring, marking the seam lines on the braid and cutting the center panel to the correct size take a lot of time. I'm sort of a perfectionist and want everything to be even and match, particularly on this quilt.

We've made many trips to the Far East and had an import business at one time. We fell in love with Oriental style furniture and are slowly changing the furniture in our great room to Oriental. We already have new end tables and a hand-painted coffee table. Chinese Chippendale chairs have been ordered and will be here soon. They're not made in China, just a style of chair. Not only can this quilt be used on our bed, but also on one of the couches.

Comment

I see! I have done a braid, and that part made me crazy....it just was not a pattern from that book. I finally just gave up since it was 'only' for my sister and just went with it!!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It is impossible to get the lines drawn on those jagged edges the exact same difference from the center and still get a 1/4" seam. I thought I was being so careful cutting and stitching the braid strips. I finally just drew a line 5 3/4" from the center, but had to deviate a little where the large squares are to get 1/4" seam. I've got the borders pinned to the braids and am just about to stitch them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
          X