Red Snappers Ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Snappers Ordered

I just finished making and installing new leaders on my Grace frame. These leaders now have a casing into which I can insert the Red Snapper quilt mounting stuff. I just ordered them from Nancy's Notion. I hope they work as I don't like pinning!

P.S. I also ordered an embroidery disc of flowers, and a Bargello book.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Re: Red Snappers Ordered

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
    I just finished making and installing new leaders on my Grace frame. These leaders now have a casing into which I can insert the Red Snapper quilt mounting stuff. I just ordered them from Nancy's Notion. I hope they work as I don't like pinning!

P.S. I also ordered an embroidery disc of flowers, and a Bargello book.
    Let us know how the red snappers work! I just ordered the Queen Gracie Frame.

Comment

Oooohhh, I need to get those ordered too. I hate pinning. I always manage to pick myself. I live only about an hour away from Nancy's Notions so I could even pick them up. Then again I think the gas would be more expensive than shipping!
      Let us know how you like them.
      ~ Connie ~

Comment

Originally posted by coppy777 View Post
        Oooohhh, I need to get those ordered too. I hate pinning. I always manage to pick myself. I live only about an hour away from Nancy's Notions so I could even pick them up. Then again I think the gas would be more expensive than shipping!
        Let us know how you like them.
        If you go out to the site Retail Me Not and punch in Nancy's Notions, you'll find a coupon code for free shipping. I think it expires sometime in March. I use this site whenever I order something on line, and I have saved a bunch of money by doing so.

Comment

I don't have red snappers, but something similar and I love them. I can load a queen sized quilt back and top in 15 minutes!
          "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Here is how green I am to this... I thought you were talking about fish. I haven't had dinner (11 pm here) and my mouth started watering when I saw the title. LOL

I just watched this video on no-measure bargello.

No-Measure Bargello- Strip Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs - YouTube
            Hugs,
            Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
            Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

I have been looking at the red snappers - can't wait to hear what you think about them!

Been watching the video above - I really want to do a bargello!
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I use the Red Snappers & I love them. I look forward to hearing about your experience with them. Remember, they will be a little stiff to put on the first few times but it gets easier with each quilt.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Look forward to hearing how they work.
                  I would have to remove my leaders from my frame and make bigger casings...which I do not want to do!
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                    I would have to remove my leaders from my frame and make bigger casings...which I do not want to do!
                    I made my leaders several years ago, and have taken those off and made new ones with casings. It didn't take long at all and was easy. We'll see if they work.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                      Hi
                      Just curious, how are your leaders attached to the frame?
                      Mine are held on with long Velcro strips so they are easy to put on & take off if I need to..

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
                        Hi
                        Just curious, how are your leaders attached to the frame?
                        Mine are held on with long Velcro strips so they are easy to put on & take off if I need to..
                        My leaders are attached with a spline that is pressed down into a grove. It was not hard to push the spline down with the new leader, which made it easier. I do the same thing with the batting, but since it is thicker, it is much harder to get the spline into the grove. I really don't think I need to mount the batting as I think letting it hang would work OK. I guess I'll still have to mount the batting like I do now. Will also need to pin the top onto the quilt sandwich, but I think it will be better overall.

Comment

Hi Joyce
                          You might want to try just letting the batting hang. I had the same leader set up on my machine as you have when I got it. I'm lazy, so after the first couple of quilts I stopped attaching the batting with the spine. Now I just let it hang if the quilt is lap size or smaller. When I do queen size I just attach the batting in a few places with a couple of pieces of painters tape. It works just fine for me, but hey... I'm very easy going, & I don't worry too much about rules when i quilt, i just do what works for me,,,hence the name Quiltfreestyle. LOL

Comment

Joyce, they make these c clamps that I use to hold my batting onto my roller ( I have 3 rollers, and use the clamps on the backing roller) but otherwise I let it hang. The clamps just give it a little tautness.
                            "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Here I thought I was going to see some fish! lol Oops
                              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Working...
                              X