X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

math

Shell,

First let me say i love this site. However; who ever posts the daily special is math challanged. They are never right on the percent off. EX. today the percentage off is 30 percent not 50 percent off. To make it worse they state there are two days left for the free product. This is Thursday that means there is only one day left unless you are going to have this for six days rather than five. I know I may be a stickler for math due to having a degree in Physics and Electrical Engineering but when I see mistakes like this then it makes me wonder about the math used in the shop. (calling a triangle a square0 i JUST FOUND THIS SITE THIS WEEK AND WOULD HATE TO SEE IT FAIL BECAUSE IT IS PRECEIVED AS A BUNCH OF FLIGHTEY FEMALES. i am waiting on getting my first order, I hope it is correct,if so I will be a happy camper with the site.

Re: math

I am not sure I should be the one to reply since I SUCK at math. Just ask my sister. But, I did grab the calculator, and if you work from the "other guys" price that we would normally pay at the LQS, it is actually 47% off. If you add to that the fact that I am not paying 9.2% sales tax, it is pretty much a wash for me. They usually couch their percent off topper with the words "Nearly" or "Almost" somewhere in the body of the text. I pretty much don't pay attention to the topper in any case. I want to know what the sale price is, if it is a fabric line that interests me, and then factor in the $5 shipping.

As for the length of time they want to run the turnover sale. I guess that is up to them. If they want to squeeze in an extra batch of sale triangles, and draw the week out one more day, fine. (Which one of us hasn't wanted to add one more day to our really good vacations? 8-) )

With that being said, I hope that you have a very good experience with MSQC. I have had wonderful customer service, even when there was a small mix-up in my order. It was handled promptly, and very much to my satisfaction. The ladies are very sweet and extremely helpful. :mrgreen:
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Ya, I remember Jelly Roll week was an entire 7 days (the normal amount of days in a week). But I agree with you that that % has been off at times. Although, like shell.scraps, I'm pretty sure that they are basing the % off the retail price of most shops, not the sale price. It's kind of like when I used to work retail. Our employee discount was either 50% off the regular price or the sale price (whatever was cheaper). I think they are trying to show people the % off they would get compared to buying elsewhere. I guess it depends on what angle you look at it from.

Right or wrong, the bottom line is this: it's a way good deal everytime no matter which way you slice it!

In terms of "flighty females", my experience has been nothing but top notch customer service and order accuracy with this shop. My orders were complete and, one time, even accompanied by a friendly personal note. I have ordered several times now and have never had a problem.
      "A smile is the most inexpensive way to improve your looks."

Comment

mweakley, I'm shocked at how rude you are being! :roll: I LOVE MSQC and have never had a problem with any of my orders. The women at the shop have great customer service and whenever I have called the shop to ask a question, they have been more than helpful. If you have a problem with something, how about sending a personal email to the ladies at the shop instead of posting your extremely rude complaint on the forums.

Comment

dropped

Comment

This thread is getting a little confrontational ... and in the spirit that this board is here for friendship and support in our quilting...I would like to request that the topic be dropped.

I responded to the questions about the pricing and the length of time we do our focus weeks.....and while I and the girls at the shop appreciate your enthusiasm and your dedication to MSQC, it's taking on a tone that we would like to avoid here.

If there are any concerns regarding the shop or the message boards in general, please feel free to contact the moderation team through PM/email and we will address your concerns.

Thank you.
            Michele

Comment

Sorry Shell,
              I was trying to be helpful, not confrontational. Consider it dropped.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X