Stopped by a new shop today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped by a new shop today....

Toggpine/Kathy is familiar with it already. I had not been to it since it changed hands in the past few months. I have to say that Quilt Revolution in Gig Harbor has improved for the better! They carry beautiful fabrics that I have never seen anywhere else, as well as a lot of patterns. The women who work there were quite friendly, even though I was only looking today, not buying. I am going back on Sunday for a Martelli open house they are having so I can look at their products. It's nice to know they will feature them in their store!!

They were doing a small wall hanging of a crazy quilt and it was interesting to watch that. They were basically paper piecing it, but on a light weight muslin, then as they added pieces, they also added interesting trims and laces to it. It was quite interesting to watch. They had a nice looking featherweight in there for sale, more than I'd want to spend ($395), but then I already have one!!

I definitely will be returning once my husband has a steady income again!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: Stopped by a new shop today....

I'm glad you were able to make it in!
    They have really made it a friendly place to stop in for a visit! The owners are really trying to carry products that they know will be of value to their customers and they are working on upgrading the supplies they carry. I do like that they are offering classes on all kinds of quilting. Not everything is for everybody, but they are certainly making the effort to expand our ideas of what quilts can be.

I really enjoy the couple of classes/groups I am able to join.

So if any of you are in the area, they are in Gig Harbor, WA, down in the harbor near several good places to eat! They are also open two evenings a week in case you can't make it during the day. If you happen to be out this way, drop me a line, and perhaps we can catch a cup of coffee!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I lived in Gig Harbor from 1989 to 2002. Beautiful area.
      Debbie

Comment

Thanks for this post Bubba. I have kids & grand kids in Silverdale WA. I love to check out quilt stores when we visit them. I think I went to this shop the last time we were there, but wasn't overly impressed. I'll definitely go again on our next visit.
        There is supposed to be a really nice store on Bainbridge Island. Have you ever been to that one? If so, I'd love to hear your opinion about it.
        What other quilt stores are in the area?
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will have to make the trip to the store when I visit my friend in Gig Harbor. I like the store in Port Gamble, Quilted Straits, I browsed, and bought of course!
          April

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
            What other quilt stores are in the area?
            The store I frequent most is Parkland Parish at 121/Pacific in Tacoma. Then Trains, at 23rd/Sheridan. You will find mainly fabric there, the same stuff from quilt shops but a couple bucks cheaper! I have not been to the one on Bainbridge, but there is a fabulous one on Vashon Island!!!! I also like Quilted Strait in Port Gamble...that is a really nice store!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
            X