Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to miss out on the magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we going to miss out on the magazine?

I just saw this on facebook tonight. It is about the magazine:

We're finalizing our subscriber list for the first issue, with tomorrow at 9 AM as the cutoff to get first magazine as a subscriber (copies will be available on our website like normal, but the subscribers will get them first and with free shipping)

I am waiting for M* to accept paypal for the subscription. Al is working on it but I don't want to miss out on the free shipping or the first issue. I have no problem paying for a full year in advance but how is this going to be done for people who don't use credit cards online?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Re: Are we going to miss out on the magazine?

Odd that if your not on FB, then you don't know about the deadline or did we see it posted somewhere on this forum or one of the M emails?? I asked them about Digital versions and the response I got indicated they would but then nothing has been published further. I don't want paper versions. I just finished cleaning out a lot of magazines and books to unclutter the house and hauling them to the local library.
    I like having Paypal too. No information sent to sellers about accounts and payment is done quickly.
    Julia

Comment

Originally posted by Juliadlf View Post
      Odd that if your not on FB, then you don't know about the deadline or did we see it posted somewhere on this forum or one of the M emails?? I asked them about Digital versions and the response I got indicated they would but then nothing has been published further. I don't want paper versions. I just finished cleaning out a lot of magazines and books to unclutter the house and hauling them to the local library.
      I like having Paypal too. No information sent to sellers about accounts and payment is done quickly.
      That was the first I knew of it. I don't mind the paper magazine because it is bi-monthly but I don't want to miss out on it. So does that mean I have to pay shipping because I didn't use a credit card? I hate automatic payments taken out on my cards. I'd prefer to pay for the year at once.
      Hugs,
      Joanne

Comment

You won't be able to subscribe yet, but you can purchase each issue with paypal. I'm building in the annual subscription with paypal option but it won't be done yet

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
          You won't be able to subscribe yet, but you can purchase each issue with paypal. I'm building in the annual subscription with paypal option but it won't be done yet
          What? You mean you aren't really Superman and can't get by with no sleep? If that's the case you really have some serious explaining about those tights ...
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
            I hate automatic payments taken out on my cards. I'd prefer to pay for the year at once.
            I'm with you. I would prefer to pay for the year upfront rather than have money pulled from my account each time the magazine is going to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
              Will we get the free shipping also?
              Hugs,
              Joanne

Comment

It's understandable that they want those subscriptions on a card, it's a bimonthly mag so that charge will come out each time. They need to have that guarantee of payment for publishing I would think. Pay pal is not set up to take your payment automatically every two months like a credit card or debit account can.

I can see paying for a year in advance and perhaps that's a kink that can be worked out. They are just getting started getting their first magazine to the printers and out to the public. These things take work and time.

The magazine will be in the shop and you can buy it online in your cart with a DD or your fabric purchase... add it in.

I hope they will offer them in shops and stores too someday. In the meantime, I am happy to be getting one here!

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
                  Will we get the free shipping also?
                  I don't think so. Those who subscribed in advance of printing are. But, I think to balance out your shipping it will be available to add to your order of fabric. Just like the other magazines. You will be ordering it online from the shop, shipping will be the same as any order. I would just add it in an order if it were me.

Although, I wonder why those who wanted the Paypal thing didn't want to subscribe using a debit card for this?? I have a paypal account for 15 years.... It's tied directly to my checking account, and any payment I make comes right out of my checking account. So does a debit charge like this one. Same same. Just make sure you don't let your balance get below 6.00 and your magazine payment would not bounce.

If the concern is giving out your account number and having charges on it, then I think you would be fine here, that is more likely to happen to you at a gas pump or a restaurant than with M*.
                  Last edited by kensington; February 19, 2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

i have a question,if you already subscribed will you be able to switch to a yearly payment minus the first issue? i subscribed when i first saw you we're accepting subscriptions but would really rather the annual payment.
                    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I kinda' looked at this whole thing like where I live... It's a wonderful place... a retirement comm... and the "first 50" got much lower monthly fees for 5yrs.. but they also had to take a huge chance as to how it would grow and become... they had mud roads for a bit,, and no amenities.. only the promise of things to come... It is now one of the top comm. on the South Shore and was most likely the "first" of it's kind.... Sometimes things "in the beginning" are about trust and taking a risk... I just wanted to support M*.. I found them 4yrs back and respect them so much for being a family business that has grown and helped support their local comm... Of course, I'm from a family that had a family business for over 50 yrs.... it has since been sold because It could not support my son.. so it was bought by another family with multiple locations... the pride of it going from my Dad to my son was so heartfelt... My Dad used to work 98hrs a week,, working 3 jobs until he was no longer able.. so I guess that's why I am so impressed and supportive of the Doans and their accomplishments... the payment process will more than likely have other options once they get things going and see it's success rate... Good Luck!!! hugs Barbara/GrammaBabs
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I agree with GrammaBabs...Let's just give them a chance to get up and running to get the kinks worked out. Like Gloria said, add it to an order you would be placing anyway. The same shipping would apply either way, so why not just add the magazine in with a DD you want.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

The charge showed up on my account today. Maybe we're getting close.

Comment

Watch your mailbox in the next few days.
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                              What? You mean you aren't really Superman and can't get by with no sleep? If that's the case you really have some serious explaining about those tights ...
                              Going to be laughing the rest of the day - Way to go Karen Now, about those tights. . . LOL
                              Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

Working...
                              X