Just a little whine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little whine...

Oh, woe is me. Sigh.... My Janome is still in the shop.....he DID warn me it would take a while, because he was backed up......and I really don't enjoy using the Jem, because she sounds high pitched.... Very annoying. And won't wind bobbins. She's going into the shop, too.

I decided not to get a sidewinder, unless I got a good coupon.....which I have, but can't find.

I have Project Linus quilts to quilt, and some piecing I want to start....

I've never been without a good, working machine.... I feel at loose ends.... I guess I will work on my current hand quilting project. But, I want Judy back.... NOW...
    Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Just a little whine...

I'm right there with ya Sandy. Mine has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks. I have other backup machines but I think you just get used to one and just can't live without it. Hopefully they will get the needle bar replaced and give me a call soon!!! Tired of waiting

Comment

That's a nice quilt you've got there.
      Hope you get your Judy back real soon.

Comment

Sandy.......the quilt is cute........love those cheerful prints!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your machine problems.

If you are looking for a Jo-Ann's coupon they have them on their site. 15% off your entire order is there. If you are lucky you can use a 40% the then the 15% off everything.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your machines. Funny how we get so attached to them and miss them. My QE 4.0 has only had to go in the shop once, thankfully I have the 1540 as a workhorse to work with then. She doesn't have the bells and whistles of the QE but she does a wonderful job when I can remember I need to put the presser foot down and cut the threads after a seam...Lol so spoiled .
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sorry about Judy. Hope she'll be back soon. Love the quilt. I love bright colors.
              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I just got my Brother back after being in the shop for six weeks. I missed it a lot. I love your quilt.
                Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

That's such a happy quilt. I hope your machine can come home soon.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Sandy,

I'm pretty sure Judy misses you too! We love our machines and get so used to it.
                    ♥♥♥ JAM ♥♥♥

Comment

Don't ya love doing happy little X's & O's. Hope you get your machine back soon.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Hope you get your machine back soon. We all become so attached to our babies and it's hard to wait.

I love your X & O quilt and that Ticklish fabric is one of my favorites. I get excited everytime I see a quilt made with that line. It's so cheerful and happy. I've made 3 quilts and numerous other things from that fabric.......can you tell I love it?

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
                          Oh, woe is me. Sigh.... My Janome is still in the shop.....he DID warn me it would take a while, because he was backed up......and I really don't enjoy using the Jem, because she sounds high pitched.... Very annoying. And won't wind bobbins. She's going into the shop, too.

I decided not to get a sidewinder, unless I got a good coupon.....which I have, but can't find.

I have Project Linus quilts to quilt, and some piecing I want to start....

I've never been without a good, working machine.... I feel at loose ends.... I guess I will work on my current hand quilting project. But, I want Judy back.... NOW...
                          Joann's has 50% off sewing notions. The sidewinder might be included in that. Also, do you have the Joann's app on your phone? You can get the 40% off coupon right on your phone AND sometimes, like today, they have another 15% off coupon that you can use with the 40% off. That would be good if it is regular price. I have the Joann's and Hobby Lobby's app and use them all the time. I love a bargain.
                          Hugs,
                          Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                          Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies.... I'm glad you like the quilt.... It is the X's & O's quilt, made with the darker charms of Ticklish... Love that line.

Here is one all quilted...by hand......the charms are a mixture of various charm packs.

The quilts are for two little sisters.... My niece 's little girls..

I do miss Judy.. I didn't know how much I depended on her.... I 'm used to her size and power... I 'm going to check on her tomorrow.
                            Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

How did you quilt them? I couldn't zoom in close enough to see anything. I have a queen size x and o that just needs the outside border on it; then on to quilt it. I had planned to take it to the longarm lady as I don't want to ruin it. I was going to machine quilt it because I am too slow to handquilt anything that big.
                              I like that fabric line; your x and o's are so happy. I got kind of bored making so many blocks, but I really do love the x and o quilts!
                              :icon_wave: Linda
                              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Working...
                              X