Favorite book resource book for blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite book resource book for blocks?

I want to invest in one of those books that has 100's of blocks--does anyone have a favorite?
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Favorite book resource book for blocks?

I have a couple of very old ones. If I was going to buy another I would check out the ones from Quiltmaker magazine. I always like their designs. Sorry I don't have any specific suggestions, but I know Quiltmaker put one out just recently and I haven't seen it yet.
    Donna

Comment

My favorite is Marsha McKlosky's Block Party. There are about 500 blocks all the same finish size so you can mix & match.
      Also the pictures have actual fabrics so it makes it easier for me to visualize the completed blocks.
      There is a section on settings as well & some info on creating secondary patterns.
      They sell it on Amazon, very reasonable.
      Good luck & have fun,,
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Marsha McKlosky's Block Party. I love looking through it. All the patterns are for 9" blocks so you can mix them up into a sampler quilt. I bought a used library copy cheap in perfect condition from ebay or Amazon a few years ago. See if there's one still available!
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
        X