Double Sluce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Sluce!

The DS is one if my favorites..,. Truth now... Do you think these could be worked into one... Or, should I get more of each, and just use each set to make a DS quilt.... Did I make ant sense?

Try again.... Should I mix two, or even all three if these fabrics in a DS quilt, or should I make separate quilts out if each fat quarter pack? I got them at Joann's, so I can easily pick up more...
    Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Double Sluce!

They look good to me! I think the more fabrics the better.
    Donna

Comment

From what I can see the colors seem to go together well!

sigpic
      Marci

Comment

It could be the lighting but I like the two on the right (print and diagonal lines) together. On my screen the marbles look to pale/pastel.
        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I would use all three bundles plus throw in a little bit of a wow fabric- just something to be a surprise.
          "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
          Hillary Clinton

Comment

You will be able to get 2 10" squares from each FQ. Do you have enough fabric? You would need 21 FQs to do the same size as a layer cake? If you wold cut your squares a little bit smaller ( 8-1/2") you could get more squares out of each FQ and have less waste, but you would need more squares, just guessing I would say from 48-63.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              You will be able to get 2 10" squares from each FQ. Do you have enough fabric? You would need 21 FQs to do the same size as a layer cake? If you wold cut your squares a little bit smaller ( 8-1/2") you could get more squares out of each FQ and have less waste, but you would need more squares, just guessing I would say from 48-63.
              I like Jean's idea - otherwise you will have a lot of leftover fabric. I would think the double slice would work well with what ever size square you use as long as it's consistent.

Pretty fabric BTW.
              Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                I like Jean's idea - otherwise you will have a lot of leftover fabric. I would think the double slice would work well with what ever size square you use as long as it's consistent.

Pretty fabric BTW.
                Hmmmm... Might work.

What I want go do is make a couple of Pl quilts.... I might buy more fabric when I go to J,'s today.

I'm thinking smaller blocks might make a nicer baby quilt. How much would I cut off the top of an 8 1/2 square?

Thanks everyone!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by MomGram View Post
                  It could be the lighting but I like the two on the right (print and diagonal lines) together. On my screen the marbles look to pale/pastel.
                  The two on the right are a little brighter.... You are right about that..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I like the idea of the 81/2 squares for a baby quilt. I might try that with a layer cake. I need some scraps for a string quilt anyway. Or a border, hmm
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like the last 2 bundles together, but the first looks a little pale to me, but they might match others in the print bundle that we can't see. I think the smaller squares will look good for a kids quilt and will leave you with less scraps.

The double slice for a layer cake gives pieces 6.5 and 3.5 so I translated those to %, here is what I would use:
                      -8 inch square - 5 1/4 and 2 3/4 (I rounded to quilt friendly decimals)
                      -8.25 inch square - 5 3/8 and 2 5/8
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I wouldn't do an 8 1/2 inch, I'd do nine. You can get four from each one doing 9 inch. FQ is 18 X 21-22 depending on where you get the cut.

Cutting them 8.5 doesn't give you more than cutting them at 9 iches. 9 gives the bigger layer cake. Four per FQ with a four inch strip let for borders or charms or strips.

Comment

Since you are starting with fat quarters - you can just cut the strips the size you need - you don't have to cut the squares first and then down to size - less waste for the double slice when using fat quarters or yardage, since you wouldn't have to cut the squares down.
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I think they play well together. For me personally, for a baby quilt I would use 6" blocks, but the 8 or 9 would work too.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

I like all three packs together.
                              Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X