My Daily Math Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Daily Math Problem

If I have a 25 1/2" square and cut it diagonally to make 4 triangles, what will be the size of my triangles? I was really bad at geometry so this one boggles my mind.

Re: My Daily Math Problem

I asked DH since he is a scientist. He used the Pythagorian Theorem and Algebra to figure it out. If you have a block 25.5 x 25.5 and divide it into 4 triangles, each triangle would be 18.03 on two sides and the longer bottom portion would be 25.5. The height of the triangle would be 12.75. Hope this helps.
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed.

Originally posted by BellasQuilts View Post
      I asked DH since he is a scientist. He used the Pythagorian Theorem and Algebra to figure it out. If you have a block 25.5 x 25.5 and divide it into 4 triangles, each triangle would be 18.03 on two sides and the longer bottom portion would be 25.5. The height of the triangle would be 12.75. Hope this helps.

Comment

Your math question is answered, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the cartoon. I love word problems, but I have done some where obtaining an answer seemed just as elusive! Thanks for adding some humor to my day!
        Judy

Comment

I LOVE that cartoon!!!!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Love your cartoon!!! So reminds me of those frustrating word problems in junior high, about filling the pool with one hose & draining it with a different hose... My question was always, Why the heck are you filling & draining at the same time???
            May the road rise up to meet you...
            May the wind be always at your back...
            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
            X