Confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusing

So, here is one sewing machine, but it has two names.... I have seen it go frm &599 (HS), down to $269
    ... Walmart..... Hancock had it marked down $399 to $299. Amaxn has it under both names... One $269, and one $399 down from $399.

This is the first time I checked one machine out at several stores.... I know there has to be a difference.....WM sewing machines thought if as "disposable" .... Would the same be true for Hancock's? It's called a Dnger Prifesdionsl at WM, and a superb set Hancock's....

This machine has a solid metal frame, and gets good reviews....

Just curious..

Would they all have the good metal frame?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Confusing

Check the upc code on the machine in both stores. If they are the same they will be the same machine at both stores If they are different they will be a different machine. I know this sounds silly but a company can not track a product in their warehouse with the different attributes and the same upc code.

Comment

Originally posted by Netter View Post
      Check the upc code on the machine in both stores. If they are the same they will be the same machine at both stores If they are different they will be a different machine. I know this sounds silly but a company can not track a product in their warehouse with the different attributes and the same upc code.
      As far and I can troll, these are pretty much the very same thing.... One is called a Singer Professional, and one is called the Duperb.... The Superb has a video, showing the all metal frame... I really like this machine... It gets great reviews, looks good, had an extension table, and most if the features important to me.... But I want to make sure that if I decide to buy one, I get the rest thing.

I think I'll call one of the large sew'n Vacs around here, to see what I can find out...

Thank you for your input...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Sandy, have you found out about your other machine yet? The one that needed repair?
        ~Kathy~

Comment

Nothing yet..... I am shopping for a full sized back up for her..... I have fallen in love with the Singer Superb/Professional. ,it gets very good reviews, and has a metal frame,,,,, I just want to make sure I don.'the buy the wrong ne.... I know that manufacturers sometimes make machines differently for retail or online sales.

Would the real machine please stand up? Is anybody old enough to get that reference?

I'm hoping my repair bill won't be very high.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Hey Sandy, here in Salt Lake we have these free online ads and I was looking at the sewing machines.....if you have anything like that available to you, check into it.....you can get one of the older, more reliable machines and have more money for fabric!
            It's just a thought.....I know what it is like to want something new though!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post

Would the real machine please stand up? Is anybody old enough to get that reference?
              Yes Ma'am I sure do get the reference.....can't recall the name of the show...was it "What's my line." with Garry Moore, Peggy Cass, Henry Morgan.....and I can see that other lady, but can't recall her name., oh and I think Bill Cullen was on the show too. ....I got it - Dorothy Killgallen. Nice memory - thanks Sandy.

Comment

Good luck with which ever one you get.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Well it appears I was way out in left field on this one Sandy. Couldn't get it out of my mind....so just googled "What's My Line" and this is what I found on Wikipedia..

What's My Line is a panel game show which originally ran in the United States on the CBS Television Network from 1950 to 1967, with several international versions and subsequent U.S. revivals. The game tasks celebrity panelists with questioning contestants in order to determine their occupations. It is the longest-running U.S. primetime network television game-show (51st show). Moderated by John Charles Daly and with panelists Dorothy Kilgallen, Arlene Francis, and Bennett Cerf, What's My Line? won three Emmy Awards for "Best Quiz or Audience Participation Show" in 1952, 1953, and 1958 and the Golden Globe for Best TV Show in 1962.[1][2]''

LOL - I had it all wrong

Comment

Working...
                  X