Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Through rain, or sleet, or lots and lots of snow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through rain, or sleet, or lots and lots of snow....

My mail carrier came in this (still snowing through tomorrow morning...)
    snow.jpg
    and brought me this...
    stash.jpg
    Thank you sweet mail person!!

Re: Through rain, or sleet, or lots and lots of snow....

Lucky you! My order from MSQC from Jan. 29 was shipped on Feb. 7; left KC on Feb 8 and is now untrackable and somewhere in the world. I could have walked to KC and back by now to pick it up myself. I ordered a big box of stuff from Connecting Threads a day earlier and got it within 3 days. Go figure!
    :icon_wave: Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Originally posted by Lindagie View Post
      Lucky you! My order from MSQC from Jan. 29 was shipped on Feb. 7; left KC on Feb 8 and is now untrackable and somewhere in the world. I could have walked to KC and back by now to pick it up myself. I ordered a big box of stuff from Connecting Threads a day earlier and got it within 3 days. Go figure!
      Linda, your order must have gotten caught in the same mail vortex one of my orders got caught in, but at least I finally got mine! 8 days in the St. louis mail system, according to tracking! Sybil must be running the show!

Comment

Jean, I think you are right about that. I even watched the road conditions from KC to St. L; no mail truck accidents; roads are clear. Maybe someone saw my box half opened, liked what I ordered and absconded with it. It could be anywhere between there and here. Maybe I should run to the local PO. It wouldn't surprise me if it was sitting there either, although tracking should have told me it was in town.
        I received a Christmas card once from a friend in Denver 3 (yes 3) years after she mailed it and I had to pay postage on it. Apparently it ended up in San Francisco and got lost there all that time. Probably had to pay postage because they raised the rates many times over that 3 year period. Weird!!!

Comment

I just received a certified letter this week, final delivery attempt notification. It was the first notification I received, and it was mailed 9/11/13. When I asked at the post office why my first notification was a final notice. I was told well, if you didn't get the first, there's always a 2nd. 5 months later. So, perhaps your fabric will show up early summer and be a surprise!

Comment

I talked to people at our local PO yesterday. They tried to track my package and got the same message I did; left KC on Feb. 8 and nothing further. They will try to track it on Tuesday to try for more information; apparently that office is closed on Saturdays and holidays. If they can't find out something there, then I'm not sure what happens. Has anyone ever NOT received their order at all?

I'm hoping that is is just out there somewhere and I will get it soon. First time for everything as I have never had a problem getting things before. We shall see!

Comment

SUCCESS! Well, almost. Finally received my fabric; apparently it spent the last 10 days in Hazelwood Missouri. Package had been torn up and retaped before they sent it out. One yard of fabric was missing from the order, so I am checking this out with MSQC to see if it was shipped or got lost somewhere along the way.
              This is the first time I have had a problem getting things intact and on time and I have ordered many times. Anyway, now I can get to work on a few projects that have been on hold. Yay!

Now if i could just find my glasses..............................

Comment

Working...
              X