Singer One Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer One Plus

I am seriously considering this machine.... It is on sale at Joann''s.. Yes I know the perils of not buying from a dealer... But I can afford this one.

I did my research, and the Singer One Plus gets rave reviews... I believe it has a Metler frame. I am also considering a couple of Brothers.....

I can no longer afford Janome!
    Attached Files

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Singer One Plus

I can tell you I have the Singer 550 I think it is,, it's the HD singer and goes thru anything,, stitches well,, but if you some extra's it not the one... I also have a Brother... I have to say it surprised me.. it's a Project Runway Innovis,, not top of the line, but not a cheapy... I bought for my son,, (he moved out of State and needed to be able to "sew rips" etc) a Brother from Walmart.. I researched and it was a model that got excellent review for stability.. I would see if there is a good repair person that will do ANY machine you buy... Good Luck.. What is your price range...if you don't mind me asking?? Barbara
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

What Brother PRW paid you get? I 'very been looking at them, too.

I could probably go up to five/hundred if I pushed it, but I would rather stick to under four hundred...

Once I saw the One Plus in person, I didn't like it..... I'd rather have something that has an extension table.

My must haves are needle-up/down, good needle threader (a must), and would like to have a Quick Set bobbin loader... Easy threading and bobbin winding are good things, too.

I have promised myself a new machine.... Not to replace my Janome, but to add to my sewing room.... I do have the little Jem, but it's getting old... Right now, it is squealing and I can't really wind a bobbin...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Jean sewing machine has one of these, maybe the black one, and I think she likes it. I'm sure she will chime in when she sees this thread.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I have both the black one with no bells and whistles and the white One Plus. The accessory case functions as a 7" extension table, but not like a 2 foot one like others. I have mine in a Sew-Ezi Table, but really haven't FMQed a big quilt with it. Good luck on your decision.

Comment

When I bought my sewing machine, which is a Singer, I bought it thru HSN. I was very nervous about the whole ordeal....will it get here safely, will things be broken, will I have to send it back, will I be happy? Well, I can honestly say, it was an excellent decision! It was the 'special of the day' and cost right around $800. It is their sewing/quilting/embroidery machine and I sew on it, I fmq on it, but I have not embroidered on it. It also came w/a ton of accessories. The best part was the five monthly payments which made it easier to buy a better machine, but interest free. I'm happy with my decision and glad I did it.

Anyway, check HSN and QVC and see what they have to offer. If you can make minimal payments for a few months, you might be able to get something a bit better than you originally thought.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
            X