Quilt Envy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Envy

Okay, maybe, just maybe (I ain't sayin' it's so); but maaaybe I'm a tad envious . . . but why is it that many "scrappy" quilts don't look like the scraps I have????? I mean really, they don't look S C R A P P Y at all.

Check this out . . . Red Pepper Quilts: The Finished Scrappy Pineapple Quilt

OH MY GAWD, 2 die 4!!!!

Okay, is it me or are these quilters perhaps affiliate sponsors and get this fabric free for promotion or what??? Really, I'm serious, I wanna know. Inquiring mindzzzzz wanna knowwww!

End of rant.

Cheers,

Lyric
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: Quilt Envy

A lot of the popular blog writers are sponsored by different fabric sellers and do get free packs of fabric.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Lyric,

Even fabrics that don't thrill you can look great once they are cut up in small pieces or strips and sewn into a block. Give it a try...it's true!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It looks like she used all solid scraps to make the cool looking quilt. For me, I don't have that many solid scraps to work with yet. So mine would not look like that I all. I don't think that I have the eye or style of the many of the people who make scrappy quilts looks so great. And I've tried but mine just don't look right. Right now I'm making a quilt for my mom and trying to make it look thrown together no pattern and it isn't working, I keep putting a pattern in no matter how I try not to.

Comment

SEEE, I knew it!!!!!!!

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          A lot of the popular blog writers are sponsored by different fabric sellers and do get free packs of fabric.
          sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

A lot of bloggers are also quilt designers for Moda and the like too.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              Lyric,

Even fabrics that don't thrill you can look great once they are cut up in small pieces or strips and sewn into a block. Give it a try...it's true!
              And you know it! With what I am working with over here Scrappiness will more than likely be the majority of style quilts that I make (unless of course I either a) get a job or b) become independently wealthy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                A lot of bloggers are also quilt designers for Moda and the like too.
                Okaaay then. Isn't the link a lovely "scrap" quilt????? Eye candy for sure.
                sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I have a hard time calling that pineapple quilt a scrappy quilt. Yes, it's all different colors, but I think because it is all solids it is more of a "controlled scrappy" if that makes sense.

When I think of true, scrappy quilts, it's a mixture of colors, prints, styles, etc. Basically a quilt that uses what small pieces of fabric that you have.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                    Honestly, I have a hard time calling that pineapple quilt a scrappy quilt. Yes, it's all different colors, but I think because it is all solids it is more of a "controlled scrappy" if that makes sense.

When I think of true, scrappy quilts, it's a mixture of colors, prints, styles, etc. Basically a quilt that uses what small pieces of fabric that you have.
                    Controlled scrappy.....I like that My scrappy quilts...ummmm...look kind of scrappy.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I agree on the controlled scrappy! I'm doing this one right now and even though it looks scrappy, you are really thinking about the four square in the middle. I was so controlled that I placed all the four squares first. Now that is ocd. lol

Scrappy Disappearing 9-Patch Tutorial

Oh and she is a Moda designer.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Check Bonnie Hunter she does for real scrappy and they are pretty darn awesome Trish

Comment

Lyric, you are sew funny.....I get a kick out of everything you say!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by lyric View Post
                            SEEE, I knew it!!!!!!!
                            Hugs,
                            Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                            Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Better scrappy than crappy.
                              Hugs,
                              Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                              Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Working...
                              X