mystery fabric box from Craftsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mystery fabric box from Craftsy

Has anyone purchased one? I love working with fat quarters, and the price is right, but wondered if the fabrics were in anyway coordinated, or just a mishmash of random fabrics.

Re: mystery fabric box from Craftsy

From The Quilting Board forum, it looks like there were fewer satisfied customers than those who felt ripped off. Check it out!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...x-t194789.html

Comment

Hmmm... If you go to quiltingboard.com and search for craftsy mystery box... It looks like several people were unhappy with amount and quality.

Comment

I have bought one jelly roll from theme (had 29 strips!) and two Benartex Fossil Fern charm packs. The charm packs were each $5, but 100 charms each and the fabric is the most beautiful ever, so I can't complain about that. I have never purchased the mystery box, just those two things and some classes.
        Last edited by bubba; February 12, 2014, 08:56 AM.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

My sister bought me one as a 2012 Christmas gift, but it wasn't fat quarters.

I was pleased with the value if the fabrics that were in the box. Most of them were not color ways that I would choose for myself, but I have made several gifts of them.

This year she bought me a kit and the fabrics are lovely, but there wasn't a picture or even the name of the quilt the kit was designed for. I was pretty disappointed in that aspect. It just means more math on my part to figure out how to make a quilt with what I have.

I guess if you are just looking to build your stash with name brand fabrics then you'll get what you are looking for. If you want coordinating fabrics it sounds like you might be unhappy.
          Again, my Craftsy fabrics have all been gifts, so I'm not really complaining.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hmmm, thanks for the link Jean. Guess this would be one of those "if it's too good to be true..." things.

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post

This year she bought me a kit and the fabrics are lovely, but there wasn't a picture or even the name of the quilt the kit was designed for. I was pretty disappointed in that aspect. It just means more math on my part to figure out how to make a quilt with what I have.
              Toggpine - I just recently bought a kit from Craftsy too. The fabric came and the pattern is added to your patterns. Go to My Craftsy and look under My Patterns. If your sis bought it for you, then she would have the pattern in her pattern area. She could either email it to you or print it and send it.

I have never bought a mystery box, but like all the other fabric I have bought from them.
              Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I bought a box of fat quarters from Craftsy, they were Benartex fabrics Fossil Fern! I love the collection so much, but they are too pretty to take out of the box! 100 FQs for $160, they were definitely worth $1.60 each! Now, If I could get the nerve to take them out and use them! It will have to be a very special project!

Somebody mentioned the fabric.com 3 pound pack. I got that once and there were nice fabric in it, at least 10 yards of good stuff, for $20. That might be a better way to take a chance when stash building.
                Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; February 12, 2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Jean, that Fossil Fern is beautiful!!! Every once and again, I get out my charm packs and look at them. I am going to make something from them and it will involve black sashing, but I have not figured out what yet.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                    Somebody mentioned the fabric.com 3 pound pack. I got that once and there were nice fabric in it, at least 10 yards of good stuff, for $20. That might be a better way to take a chance when stash building.
                    The cost of the 3 pound pack is now $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Marebear View Post
                      Toggpine - I just recently bought a kit from Craftsy too. The fabric came and the pattern is added to your patterns. Go to My Craftsy and look under My Patterns. If your sis bought it for you, then she would have the pattern in her pattern area. She could either email it to you or print it and send it.

I have never bought a mystery box, but like all the other fabric I have bought from them.
                      Thanks Mary!
                      I'll ask her if to check for a pattern in her file. I'm pretty sure she didn't buy the class with it, but my guess is she never though to look in her pattern file.
                      I finally found a photo of a quilt with a different color-way and I wasn't too impressed, but they REALLY weren't my colors!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I got a mystery box of FQ. You can see them here: Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts: Craftsy Mystery Box of Fat Quarters

I loved the fabrics and variety...BUT...only just took them out to do a Swoon quilt and they were all cut too short! None of them reached the full 18" so I couldn't use them for the pattern I was doing which requires a full FQ. They can be used for another project but not one requiring a full useable FQ.

Comment

Originally posted by a1angiem View Post
                          I got a mystery box of FQ. You can see them here: Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts: Craftsy Mystery Box of Fat Quarters

I loved the fabrics and variety...BUT...only just took them out to do a Swoon quilt and they were all cut too short! None of them reached the full 18" so I couldn't use them for the pattern I was doing which requires a full FQ. They can be used for another project but not one requiring a full useable FQ.
                          Thats a shame the fat quarters were not a full fat quarter. I hope you shared with Craftsy. I love Craftsy and converse with them regarding the good and the bad.

Wanted to let you know I stopped by your blog and got lost in reading it, it is an awesome blog. It is saved now to my favorites. Thanks for sharing.
                          Karen
                          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                            Thats a shame the fat quarters were not a full fat quarter. I hope you shared with Craftsy. I love Craftsy and converse with them regarding the good and the bad.

Wanted to let you know I stopped by your blog and got lost in reading it, it is an awesome blog. It is saved now to my favorites. Thanks for sharing.
                            Awww! Wow, Karen! Thanks so much for dropping by the blog and saying it was awesome. That is so sweet of you and you MADE MY DAY! Appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
                            X