• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnnaF
    replied
    Re: Mid-arm sewing machines

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    I don't have a picture of mine but here is what I have and I have the Sure Stitch Regulator added to mine.

Grace Gracie King Queen Crib Wood Quilt Frame+Brother PQ1500S at AllBrands.com
    I love this...is it easy to load! I think I am going to purchase this!! Thank you

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Originally posted by AnnaF View Post
    Shirley,

That is the same machine I have...could I trouble you for a photo of your set up with the frame. May want to do the same thing. Also, brand of frame...thanks!
    I don't have a picture of mine but here is what I have and I have the Sure Stitch Regulator added to mine.

Grace Gracie King Queen Crib Wood Quilt Frame+Brother PQ1500S at AllBrands.com

Leave a comment:

• AnnaF
    replied

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    I have the Brother 1500 and use it for FMQ. I have mine on a frame.
    Shirley,

That is the same machine I have...could I trouble you for a photo of your set up with the frame. May want to do the same thing. Also, brand of frame...thanks!

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

I have the Brother 1500 and use it for FMQ. I have mine on a frame.

Leave a comment:

• Pegger
    replied

Anyone else have a mid-arm machine?

Leave a comment:

• Pegger
    replied

Thanks. I keep pondering about a mid-arm. I have a juki 600 but wish the bed was larger. I have managed to FAQ on lap sized quilts but became frustrated trying a larger quilt on it. My fingers are not in the best shape for getting the quilt under the needle, very painful. Old age I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

I have a Juki 2000 Qi and a Janome 8900. Yes I use them for FMQ. I like them both for different reasons BUT, if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Juki for piecing and FMQ. Its simple and sturdy and fast and does a perfectly nice, straight 1/4 inch seam, and the FMQ is not so fussy as to the direction I want to move the fabric.

I finally bought another bobbin case for the Janome with a looser tension and it seemed to fix the issue of thread breaking. I like the space the Janome offers and would be absolutely thrilled if the Juki would add those extra inches to their throat.

I had the Juki first and made the mistake of walking into a shop with my old Pfaff 1473 that needed repaired and I ended up with a Janome.

Leave a comment:

• Pegger
    started a topic Mid-arm sewing machines

Mid-arm sewing machines

Those of you with mid-arm machines:
    What brand do you have & do you like it?
    Do yo use it for free motion quilting?
Working...
X