Quilters the musical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilters the musical

Went last night to see a musical titled Quilters. It was really good. It was about pioneer women and how quilts were a big part of their lives.They told the story using quilt blocks. Really neat! Everyone should see it if it comes near by!
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Re: Quilters the musical

How fun! We love going to musicals anyway, but one themed around quilts would be so fun. We'll definitely keep an eye for it here!
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

How long is it running and what theatre?
      Originally posted by sassyquilter View Post
      Went last night to see a musical titled Quilters. It was really good. It was about pioneer women and how quilts were a big part of their lives.They told the story using quilt blocks. Really neat! Everyone should see it if it comes near by!
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
        How long is it running and what theatre?
        Saw it at Swiftcreek Mill Playhouse; Colonial Heights, Va.

Quilters
        by Molly Newman and Barbara Damashek
        March 31 – May 14, 2011

A joyous and moving musical celebration of American womanhood, paying eloquent tribute to the courage and spirit of our nation’s pioneer women. Joy, pain, laughter and tears form a human patchwork of epic proportions
        To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
        Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Darn, I won't be hitting Richmond until beginning of June. I've been to Swiftcreek a couple of times when visiting. My sister and mother live in Westover Hills. When I was young I went to Patrick Henry Elementary 5th and 6th grade and Westover Hills M.S. for 7th. That must've been around 1960. During those school years we lived there taking care of my ill grandmother. Her home was on Semmes Avenue and we attended Woodland Heights Baptist Church ( still do when I visit them.) I was baptized in that church many, many moons ago. Small world!
          Originally posted by sassyquilter View Post
          Saw it at Swiftcreek Mill Playhouse; Colonial Heights, Va.

Quilters
          by Molly Newman and Barbara Damashek
          March 31 – May 14, 2011

A joyous and moving musical celebration of American womanhood, paying eloquent tribute to the courage and spirit of our nation’s pioneer women. Joy, pain, laughter and tears form a human patchwork of epic proportions
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
          X