Irish Chain Pillow Sham Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Chain Pillow Sham Question

I'm making an Irish Chain for our bed. I have extra fabric and was wondering if anyone has ever made pillow shams using Irish Chain Pattern. My thought was to make the shams each 4 blocks by 6 blocks. Then add a white back to the blocks because I am using light colors then add the pillow case backing. I'm not sure if I want the opening on the back or on the side. I've thought about adding some eyelet lace around the pillow as it would match the fabric (using the petal jelly roll from Free Spirit). Any ideas or suggestions that would make this easier. Thank you

Re: Irish Chain Pillow Sham Question

Thecraftygemini has YouTube video on pillow shams. I like the way she does her pillow opening.
    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I think no matter how you make it, it is going to be beautiful!
      Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
        I think no matter how you make it, it is going to be beautiful!
        Awe, thank you. My plan is to have it done in time for this summer to use. I will post pictures when it get done

Comment

I often make a pillow sham to match a quilt like a pillow case, and I add ribbon on the ends to tie it shut. That works for me.

The last set I made I didn't even add the ribbon, just make a pillow case with the front matching the quilt and using a cream for the back.

Comment

I make pillow shams/cases for every one of my bed quilts. I think your plan sounds great!

Comment

Just in case you want the measurements of King Size Shams ( you might want to make two sizes.....and possibly a roll pillow too ! )
              Here's some measurement for King Sized Shams....
              Willow Bean Studio ~ The Blog: How To Make King Sized Pillow Shams
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

You might want to quilt the sham front the same way you do the quilt prior to making it into a sham. Just a helpful suggestion.LOL

Comment

I made some to go with my Irish chain and mine are 3 X5 plus a border, had them quilted when I had the quilt quilted so they would match, still need to finish them. DSCN0844 (Small).JPG

Comment

Sometimes I leave my pillow backs in two pieces that just overlap in the middle that way you don't have to deal with a zipper and you don't have to do any hand sewing to close them off. It also makes it easy to remove the pillow for washing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X