Horn Sewing Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Sewing Cabinet

I scored what I think is a pretty good deal on a Horn Sewing Cabinet on Craigslist yesterday. It is their "traditional" model #1056 with a manual lift - apparently manufactured almost 20 years ago. The seller did not have the original manual, and apparently didn't use the lift all that frequently, as it is very stiff and whines when I move it. Does anyone know if these are supposed to be oiled periodically? I looked on the Horn website, but haven't found any maintenance information or a place to download the manual.

Any information you can share with me will be very appreciated.

Holly

Re: Horn Sewing Cabinet

Originally posted by hh677 View Post
    I scored what I think is a pretty good deal on a Horn Sewing Cabinet on Craigslist yesterday. It is their "traditional" model #1056 with a manual lift - apparently manufactured almost 20 years ago. The seller did not have the original manual, and apparently didn't use the lift all that frequently, as it is very stiff and whines when I move it. Does anyone know if these are supposed to be oiled periodically? I looked on the Horn website, but haven't found any maintenance information or a place to download the manual.

Any information you can share with me will be very appreciated.

Holly
    I have an older Horn cabinet. AFAIK, the mechanism is spring loaded, and I didn't see any instructions to oil when I looked for the how-to on setting lift. I'm attaching a link for a Rockler lift that works in the same way. It's a pdf, so you will have to download to read.

It could be that wiping the sides with WD40 or Silicon might just make the mechanism slip better. I'd ask somewhere first.

Sewing Machine Lift Mechanism - Rockler Woodworking Tools
    http://go.rockler.com/tech/RTD10000599AB.pdf

Comment

Working...
    X