A Small Rant....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Small Rant....

Maybe I am more sensitive these days....or maybe the ordeal of the last two years, and particularly the lady two-three months have made me tough..... Two years if watching my husband slowly die, and struggle for every breath does something to you... You either become a weak victim, or you become strong.... I have become stronger. Not long ago, I would have done whatever I had to, to avoid any kind if confrontation.... That all changed today...

Judy needed servicing, and a look at her take up lever (frozen), so I took her to the .janome dealer I usually deal with,,, it's a quilt shop I have never felt comfortable in...but they are the closest place that sells and services Janome's... Even then, it is an 18-20 mike drive....

So... I took Judy in, and gave her to one if the women, explaining what I needed.... As I was talking to her, another woman came over and asked me if I wanted to buy a sewing machine.... In a too familiar manner.. I was a little surprised, and mumbled something about the fact that I was thinking about it...... She took me into the area where the machines were and proceeded to pressure me.... Telling me I had to make a decision TODAY... So that my service charge if nearly seventy dollars coukd be supplied to the cost.... She kept it up, until I said....very firmly....that I did not intend to make a decision today....

You have to understand that no one I know likes to go into this shop.... They are not very welcoming, the owner us less than friendly (snooty?), and there is what I think is toxic atmosphere....

On the way home, I called my DD, and decided that I would go back and get Judy... I called, and told them to dtop the repairman, as I did not want it repaired or serviced..... So... I went back and got her.... I told the woman who carried the machine out for me, exactly why I came back to get it. I told her that I has never felt welcomed there, that I thought there was sometimes a toxic feeling there, and that I didn't like being pressured into buying a sewing machine.....all of which were I over priced.... (I didn't like the two I could even consider)....

I said I wouldn't be baby, and I won't.... There's no longer any reason to.... I would never buy a machine from there again, and they carry almost NO ore cuts.... The charm packs they did have were made up by them, there were only a couple of jelly rolls (ugly), and no layer cakes at all.... Seriously.....

It felt do good to actually have gone back it get my baby..... There was a time "before", when I would have just let it go... But, when I realized how angry I was....and that there is a good repairman here in Lebanon, I knew I has to do it..... That place has bothered me....and many others....fir years..

They make their money on machine sakes,,,, There just aren't that many places to buy Jsnimes around here... Some Sew n' Vacs carry a few, but this shop is the only real dealer in Cincinnati.

Do you think I over reacted? I really don't think I did,,, You just had to be there...

Thanks fir listening.....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: A Small Rant....

[SIZE=4][/SIZEWoo Hoo! You Go Girl! Proud of you!!! ]
    ~Kathy~

Comment

No, I don't think you overreacted. It's important for people to know if they have offended you. If I were a shop owner, I'd much prefer you let me know, than just tell everyone else you know!

Comment

I don't think you over-reacted at all. Sounds to me like you did a fine job of dealing with the situation and getting your point across! You go girl!!
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
          [SIZE=4][/SIZEWoo Hoo! You Go Girl! Proud of you!!! ]
          Ditto. You did the right thing. I am so happy you told her why. So many people just walk away and than they continue on. Hopefully whatyou did will save someone else the anguish. Bravo
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I hope you can have a place to get your machine serviced. Hang in there.

Comment

You did exactly the right thing!!! And don't you dare ever step foot in that place again. Hope everyone in Cincinnati reads this and keeps away too

Comment

Thanks, everyone.... I have to admit that "before" I was one if those people who simply let things go, and would have never actually told the staff person why I came bak for Judy.... That part if me feud when .earl did....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Bravo! I applaud you for taking charge! Hope you can find someone to fix your machine.
                  LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I think sometimes, dealing with a lot of stress over a long period of time can result in trimming away any pretense about us. . .we just don't have time or emotional energy to deal with other stressful situations with anything other than blatant honesty. This can be a good thing, I think. You ARE getting stronger Sandy, it is a necessary result of all you've been through, and it will be a big part of what will help you keep moving forward. I'm really proud of you!
                    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

YES! You make me proud to be a woman! And I'm glad you said something on the way out- sometimes money is the only thing they understand.

Comment

You did GREAT! No one should feel pressured into purchasing something big or small.
                        Be blessed,
                        Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Good for you!!!! That is exactly what needed to be done! There is a shop here I don't like to go to, but I had to the other (well, I could have ordered what I needed on line, but didn't want to wait). I was glad in the end I did because that was where I found my new favorite scissors. The good part was that the owner whom I don't care for was not there.....
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

You don't have to put up with this kind of service and I hope you find someone else soon to repair your machine.

Sure wish you lived closer because I have the best Janome dealer ever! Everyone that works in his shop is very helpful and friendly. They never try to pressure you into anything.
                              TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Working...
                              X