I Can't Beleive I Did This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't Beleive I Did This!

So, here I am sewing all of my pieces together to make a Irish Chain. I've made one before, and something just didn't seem right. Did I stop to figure it out, No! Just kept cutting and sewing. It didn't seem like I'd ever get through the stacks of fabric that I had created. FINALLY, I decided to stop and check how many blocks I need to make the quilt. (which I thought I had already done)
    I found out that I had enough to make my twin size quilt...oh, wait, I have enough to make 2 twin size quilts...oh no, I have enough cut to make 3 twin size quilts with fabric to spare!!!

How could I have possible NOT caught that?! I will be shaking my head over this one for some time. Anyone need a pink and purple Irish Chain (or 2)
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: I Can't Beleive I Did This!

Ha, that's cool! Maybe some twins Mom will buy them!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

Make a queen or double instead! Or make the twin and make a double to sell.

Comment

wow! You must have been in your blissful state of mind and just kept going!
        :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

Better than running short. I overcut for a Jacobs ladder and have enough 2 1/2 strips to form a jelly roll. It's just a new opportunity.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets carried away!! You may get tired of them before they're all made into quilt tops, but you'll have something to sew on for awhile.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

You can start an Irish dormitory! Good luck on your project!

Comment

Wow...you were in the rotary cutting "Zone"!
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

LOL,,, I do that with every quilt I make,, sometimes I have enough leftover blocks to make another whole quilt, sometimes enough to make a smaller charity quilt, one time I only had 4 blocks left over so I made a pillow sham to go with the quilt..
                  I always think I'll make a few extras "just in case" & then I get carried away.
                  Hey, I figure its not a bad thing, just a part of the "creative process".
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Sounds much better than not having enough and not wanting to make more, LOL!

sigpic
                    Marci

Comment

Originally posted by ozziepuppy View Post
                      Sounds much better than not having enough and not wanting to make more, LOL!
                      Yeah, I hate when that happens. On my DIL quilt that I just finished, she wanted PINK everything. I threw in some green & made a boatload of blocks. When I finally put it up on my design wall, I used the mostly pink blocks for her quilt & now have enough blocks left over to make a double size in mostly greens with some pink.
                      This was my greatest over done block making to date. LOL. But the quilt will look good in my guest room, maybe I was thinking of that subconsciously?? Yeah, that's what happened, it wasn't that I just went nuts with the block construction.
                      May the road rise up to meet you...
                      May the wind be always at your back...
                      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Sounds like pretty colors. Better too much than not enough. You could make some lapsize to donate somewhere.

Comment

Maybe make a pillow or two, tote bags? Just have fun!
                          ~ Debby

It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's MY LIFE!"

Jon Bon Jovi
                          :icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by brook View Post
                            So, here I am sewing all of my pieces together to make a Irish Chain. I've made one before, and something just didn't seem right. Did I stop to figure it out, No! Just kept cutting and sewing. It didn't seem like I'd ever get through the stacks of fabric that I had created. FINALLY, I decided to stop and check how many blocks I need to make the quilt. (which I thought I had already done)
                            I found out that I had enough to make my twin size quilt...oh, wait, I have enough to make 2 twin size quilts...oh no, I have enough cut to make 3 twin size quilts with fabric to spare!!!

How could I have possible NOT caught that?! I will be shaking my head over this one for some time. Anyone need a pink and purple Irish Chain (or 2)
                            Uh, yea....
                            The Irish Chain debacle. I made a baby quilt. TONS leftover....
                            I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                            It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

LOL, this is SO something I would do!!! Going to smile the rest of the day! Thanks for sharing
                              Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

Working...
                              X