Oiling Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oiling Machine

I Have a Janome 6600 and when it needs oiling I have to take it into my local sewing shop and pay $120. just for cleaning and oiling. Is there a way I can oil it myself? I use to clean and oil my Kenmore all the time but the manual on this one doesn't offer any instructions for cleaning other than the bobbin case area.
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: Oiling Machine

Have you looked online to see if you can find anything that shows the oil locations?? Seems to me that could get pretty expensive. How often do you oil the machine?
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I don't know if I'm even supposed to oil my 12000, theres nothing about it in my manual and like a dummy I forgot to ask my dealer. Theres a small hole under my bobbin case with a wick in it that I put a drop of oil in it after a large embroidery or sewing project.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Computer sewing machines do not need to be oiled. That is what my manel says . I have all babylock sewing machines

Comment

If it's an electronic machine it doesn't require oiling. However, I noticed a little worn area on the race hook (the cup that holds the bobbin) and every time I clean my machine I put a little sewing machine oil on a q-tip and wipe the rim of the race hook. My machine runs like a gem. I use one drop of oil only.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

When I bought my 11000 the dealer told me to put one drop on the white plastic thingy under the boobin holder, per month.
            I don`t take mine in every year.
            Gale

Comment

I have a Necchi machine that is really a clone of the Janome 6300. There is a small hole in the bobbin area that my dealer told me needs one drop of oil. How often you put this drop of oil depends on how much you are using the machine. When I am sewing everyday he told me once a week might be good. He also told me the reason you can no longer swing the side of the machine open to see the place where the thread goes through is that the manufacturer does not want you in there trying to oil something that does not need oiling. I do take my machine in to be checked since the dealer offers free checks for the first three years of the life of the machine.
              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

I have a Janome 6300 and my dealer told me not to oil my machine and that when I bring it in for servicing about once every 18 months that they will take care of any oil needs, as it not reachable unless you take the machine apart. I got the impression that Janome does this on purpose so we are not tempted to oil an electronic machine.
                My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

My Pfaff says do not oil in big letters!

Comment

Originally posted by brook View Post
                    I Have a Janome 6600 and when it needs oiling I have to take it into my local sewing shop and pay $120. just for cleaning and oiling. Is there a way I can oil it myself? I use to clean and oil my Kenmore all the time but the manual on this one doesn't offer any instructions for cleaning other than the bobbin case area.
                    You are not taking it in to the shop for oiling, it is not a mechanical machine. It is a computerized machine and you have to take it in for cleaning and service.

That is one thing I do love about my old mechanicals, I enjoy opening them up and giving them a good cleaning and oiling. The newer computerized machines have bunches of wires and boards and delicate stuff I would not even begin to know how to deal with if I knocked one loose when taking the cover off!
                    Cathryn

Comment

Working...
                    X