So, I bought a layer cake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I bought a layer cake....

I found the pattern!! I was sifting through the folder where I keep online pattern for cards. I was looking for Valentine's Day cards to make for my guys and lo and behold, when I saved the quilt pattern I saved to the wrong folder.

I'm going to make a table topper. Hopefully. The pattern wants 6" squares to make HST but I'm going to use 5" instead so I can use the entire piece of layer cake instead of just a bit of it. It will also fit my table better if I did the math right.

So woo!! If I can get manage it today I'll start my project.

Comment

This is a bump to keep this thread from being lost in the shuffle. I hope everyone is safe and warm. Hugs....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have the opposite problem. According to my account I have ordered some charms and a layer cake. I knew exactly what I was going to use them for but I recently rearranged my sewing room and now I can't find them! Do you think if I put the sewing room back to the way it was they will reappear?

Comment

So my rule (just for myself) it to not start another project until the current one is done. Just my way of avoiding UFOs. But that doesn't mean I can't have lots of fabric, patterns and ideas stacked up waiting!!! Just after the first of the year I made a list of what I'm planning. Otherwise I wouldn't remember either...
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by CARRIE M View Post
            I have the opposite problem. According to my account I have ordered some charms and a layer cake. I knew exactly what I was going to use them for but I recently rearranged my sewing room and now I can't find them! Do you think if I put the sewing room back to the way it was they will reappear?

No. I was told there is a charm pack fairy. I bet she hid yours.

I started keeping all my precuts in one spot so that I wouldn't lose them. But I stuck them in a drawer so I can't easily see what I have. I need to be better organized.

Comment

I think you are right Pandabear. The sewing fairy is mad at me for rearranging my sewing room & not consulting with her first. I wonder what I can do to make it up to her and get my charms back?

My friend lost a cone of thread in her sewing room. I told her the only way to find it was to buy another and then it would reappear. Maybe I could try that.

I'm glad you finally figured out what you were going to make with yours. Now go hide it quick! Before the charm pack fairy finds it.

Comment

I got to cut the squares today. I plan on hiding in the sewing room tomorrow after making cookies. I seem to always get sidetracked from getting into my sewing room though.

I know what you mean about buying new and the old turns up. Happens at my house all the time.

Comment

Working...
                X