So, I bought a layer cake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I bought a layer cake....

....for a specific project and the fabric arrived today. Yea!! Only... I've forgotten what that specific project is. Seriously, between last week and this week I have forgotten what I wanted to make.

How lame is that?

Re: So, I bought a layer cake....

I feel your pain. So many patterns. I try to write stuff down but I forget where or I can't understand my notes.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Well, you must be my sister from another mister, 'cause I do it all the time!

Comment

Been there, did that, Get a small pad write down the fabric and the pattern. A quilt journal would be better. There are so many lovely patterns, I'm sure you'll find just what you want. Good Luck.

Comment

As soon as you use it for another project, you will remember, then you will have to buy more fabric!
          Vonnie

Comment

I don't like than when it happens. I have to keep a quilt journal or I am complete forget what I'm planning or what fabric I want to ge.

Comment

That's funny. The same thing happened to me last week. I finally remembered what my fabric is for. Good luck.

Comment

Oh no.... I hope it comes to you.... Honestly..... There are do many quilts we want to try, it's a wonder we remember anything!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                  ....for a specific project and the fabric arrived today. Yea!! Only... I've forgotten what that specific project is. Seriously, between last week and this week I have forgotten what I wanted to make.

How lame is that?

I'm sorry...I had to laugh when I read this because I do it all the time.
                  TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

This happens to me on a regular basis. I have several bags of things that obviously were ordered with something in mind, and my mind doesn't seem to remember what it was thinking.

Duh

Comment

Heck I can't remember what I planned this morning.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Sometimes, when I buy specific material for a pattern....I set that pattern aside with a note on it for who the project is specifically for. then, as soon as I get the fabric home, I find that pattern and put them together and bundle them.
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I like the idea of a quilters journal. I have a couple blank journals around - think I am going to use one

Alos, I take a pattern and the fabric and put both in a very large baggie and they are under my cutting table. I am trying to do more of this but the more I get into this wonderful craft the more things I want to make and the more shopping I want to do.

Now all i need is the time to do all of it. Only about 5 years to retirement. It will be wonderful
                          Karen
                          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

A quilting journal sounds like a good idea. Usually I find my patterns online, so bundling them with the fabric I buy cannot be done. I do have a folder on my computer with links to the patterns, but nothing in that folder sparked a memory yesterday.

Ah well, I'll put it aside until I remember. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who forgets.

Comment

I too do that all the time! Lol. Glad to hear I'm not alone

Comment

Working...
                              X