Take up lever problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take up lever problem....

I am taking my Janome to the shop tomorrow....for the very first time in seven years... If my husband was here, I wouldn't 't have to do that, but......He could fix anything...no repair bills for us!

Anyway, the machine did that stuttering thing it does when something is wrong.... I thought I fixed the problem... But then the take up lever stopped working...... The thread want through just find, so I don't think it's a thread problem.... It can be made to go up and down a little with the hand wheel, but it won't go all the way down, and feels very forced...

Any ideas?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Take up lever problem....

I can't help you but I hope someone can help you .
    sigpic
    Hugs Ann

Comment

It sounds like there's something in there (probably a thread/threads) that's binding it up. Is there a side plate you can removed and look at the take up lever? There may just be thread wrapped around something that can easily be removed.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

sounds like what my machine did several time -- on my machine it was the timing and the bobbin casing popped out
        if you take it in for a day at the spa *as Jean would say*~ . . when you pick it up -- ask them to show you exactly what they did
        -- it might end up being an easy fix - and something you could do yourself
        2015 is here
        Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

Originally posted by CountryHut View Post
          sounds like what my machine did several time -- on my machine it was the timing and the bobbin casing popped out
          if you take it in for a day at the spa *as Jean would say*~ . . when you pick it up -- ask them to show you exactly what they did
          -- it might end up being an easy fix - and something you could do yourself
          I think it might be an essay fix, too... I tried to get the side cover off.... Like my husband did, but couldn't.... I was afraid to force it.

Judy deserves a "day at the spa". She has been a good and faithful friend..... The thread goes right through to the needle, so it might nit be a thread problem... But, you never know.... We'll see.... I'll have to leave it at least a week, as the repairman cnes in before the shop opens every Saturday.... Wish me luck.... I have never taken her in before, though I know I should have....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I had o fish a piece of thread that broke off and ended up inside my machine. The cover on this machine doesn't open. I bought a dental kit with a pick in it, fished out te thread with the pick! Good luck on getting it fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              I had o fish a piece of thread that broke off and ended up inside my machine. The cover on this machine doesn't open. I bought a dental kit with a pick in it, fished out te thread with the pick! Good luck on getting it fixed!
              You are a fixer! I can't really see anything in there, but that doesn't mean something isn't there..... I was frustrated that I couldn't get the cover off....as my husband did.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Since it hasn't been in before, maybe just ask for a tune-up and then it will get all the other stuff done in addition to the take-up lever being fixed. In my case my serger was completely frozen. Did a regular tune-up and it fixed everything for a fixed price. Just a thought.

sigpic
                Marci

Comment

Anhhhh.. Didn't 't even think of that..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                  X