scissors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scissors....

After reading about the Kai scissors here a few months back, I've been looking for them to see whether or not they might be something to buy. Well, yesterday in my pursuit of finding the border fabric I wanted, when I stopped in the third quilt shop of the afternoon, they had the fabric! My husband was over on the notions wall, which is probably about 40 feet long, maybe more, so I headed there next. Lo and behold! Kai scissors! I ended up buying the 6" pair. As I was having a hard time deciding between that size and the 5" size, my husband surprised me and he bought me the 5" size as well! These are going to be nice as I'm in the midst of cutting out all those applique pieces. They are probably the most comfortable pair of scissors I've ever used.......the larger size come in right/left handed versions, but the smaller are just generic ones.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: scissors....

I love my Kai scissors. I also have the 6" I'm using for my applique and they are very comfortable and the sharpest scissors I've ever had!

Comment

Enablers! All of ya!!!
      ~Kathy~

Comment

They really weren't that bad of a price, I was surprised. The 6" were $21 and the 5" were $20.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I LOVE my Kai scissors, too. I have the 8" and the 4" embroidery ones. Just love them...love them!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Now i have to go look for something else.
            I LOVE JESUS

Comment

You guys are baaaad, now I will have to check these out, but then you can never have too many sharp cutting tools!

Comment

I bit! Now something else to look for.

Comment

I can hardly wait to get home today. I have applique stuff ready to cut!!!!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I was so bummed yesterday on my shop hop. I asked for the Kai scissors (so I could have a second size) and she looked like what are those? I bought the other one's in her store

Now where to get them? Oh a left hand pair for my dd.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I haven't seen these scissors. Are they all metal? The gingers I have now are covered in plastic. The work well for me, but I'm looking for something a bit, I don't know, heavier? It just feels like mine will break if I need to cut anything really thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        I was so bummed yesterday on my shop hop. I asked for the Kai scissors (so I could have a second size) and she looked like what are those? I bought the other one's in her store

Now where to get them? Oh a left hand pair for my dd.
                        Prices directly from KAI are the same as I paid at Amazon and they have free shipping. They carry true lefty scissors, but I only see them in a couple sizes.
                        Standard Scissors

edit: add link for all products: http://www.kaiscissors.com/category.php?category_id=50
                        Last edited by Sharyn J; February 8, 2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                          Prices directly from KAI are the same as I paid at Amazon. They carry true lefty scissors, but I only see them in a couple sizes.
                          Standard Scissors
                          Thanks! I bought some left hand fiskers for her but they are so tight she doesn't like using them.
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

The ones I bought are not heavy at all, but they are very well made. They are the 5" and 6" size and you did not get a choice of right/lefthand, or I'd have bought the lefthanded ones. I bought this size because I wanted them to use w/applique. I think I could use the 6" ones for when I make Monkeyman another shirt as well. Otherwise, any fabric I cut is w/my rotary cutter!
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I should have stayed off this thread! I just went to KAI and ordered the thread snips and 4" curved blade scissors and some scissor covers! I'M SUCH AN ENABLER.......even to myself! What the heck, I deserve the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X