Stealing Hubby's headlamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealing Hubby's headlamp

I've taken control of my Hubby's headlamp- the kind most hardware stores sell. I use it when binding and sitting on the couch whilst watching TV. I think next time I'm shopping sporting goods I'm gonna pickup a ball cap with lamp. Maybe Missouri* could offer ball caps with lamps? We'd all buy them. Hint hint.
    Sondra J. :icon_wave:

Re: Stealing Hubby's headlamp

Awesome idea! The natural light in my sewing room disappears after noon.
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Very clever

Comment

Ooo, I think my hubby has one of those ball caps...or is it my son-in-law? Gonna check it out. What a great idea!
        Cil
        A quilt is a blanket of love
        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Look for the lighter weight models at places like REI or another good camping or outdoor store. The heavy ones or the kind that strap tight around your head can cause at the least a big red mark on your forehead and possibly a headache when worn for a long time.

I wear one to do chores around the farm and my light weight one is my favorite. The one designed for kids is lightweight & bright enough to sew by. Also check for easy to replace batteries of the non-expensive variety. Those flat lithium ones can get spendy.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I stole one from my son, he just had it stored in his footlocker in our basement since he was discharged from the NAVY. When he saw/caught me using it one day he said "Mom, you should have told me you wanted one I have one packed away somewhere you could have had!"
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I 'borrowed' Jeff's headlamp a while back. He knows where to find it if he needs it! Very helpful when I am binding or looking for a dropped needle or pin.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing. I bought my uncle one of those caps a few years ago from llbean. Must look that up.
                Ann

Comment

Haha, looks like I'm the only one that thought "Nope, I wouldn't buy one." I don't do hat hair.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

I bought 3 of the llbean ones for the family and while they are great for getting from the biffy to the tent, I'm not sure they would be bright enough for quilting- the two little leds are so small. But I could be wrong. Do they sell the headlamps in a lighter and preferably led version? And just a heads up; A year ago I bought these reading glasses with little leds on the ends that are supposed to work for reading or quilting etc but those, too, are too smal to be any good. Maybe I'll need to try the hat idea again.

Comment

That is a neat tip

Comment

Working...
                      X