Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embroidery machines - which one to buy?

Good morning ladies!

I was wondering...do any of you have embroidery machines? My local sewing store has offered a Husqvarna H Class 500e embroidery sewing machine for $799.00. I realize this is a pretty good price; however, is there a machine out there that you like, or own?

I would love to be able to incorporate some embroidery into my quilt squares, making them more personalized, and perhaps even making other items and selling them.

Thanks for any input you can give me!

Have a wonderful day!

Dawn

Re: Embroidery machines - which one to buy?

I have a Janome Memorycraft 11000 and I love it! I doubt you could go wrong with Husqvarna if that's what is available to you. I had purchased a different Janome embroidery machine that was less expensive. It was a very nice machine. I went to a demo of the 11000 and was able to upgrade for a deal I couldn't pass up, otherwise I'd still have the less expensive model (can't remember the name). I would've kept it if I hadn't attended the demo. It was a good embroidery machine. I have a friend who has a Designer I that she's had for quite a while. I never heard any complaints from her, otherwise, I don't know much about them. I have a Husqvarna sewing machine that is very nice. There are other manufacturers out there making really good embroidery machines as well as these two companies. Hopefully, you'll get some additional info. on other brands on this post. Good luck!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Thanks Rebecca! Do you think the Janome Memorycraft 11000 is a machine you can grow into, or do you think it's a limited machine? I just dont' want to get something, spend, to me, a lot of money, and then realize, darn, it won't do all the things I want it to do? I would love to be able to download additional fonts, or pictures, or even I saw a software program that you can take a photograph and use your machine to embroider that onto your fabric! It was AMAZING! Thank you for taking the time to write about this for me!

Comment

You're welcome d.

They are always upgrading. For example, the Memorycraft 11000 was top-of-the-line not very long ago. Now they have come out with the Memorycraft 11000 Special Edition. This new machine has additional perks for quilters that the one I have doesn't include. BUT for a mere $600 more I can have mine upgraded to the Special Edition model. HAHAHA. I was looking at embroidery software as well. It is wonderful and it also has an enormous price tag. What you want to do is google the machine you're interested in and read as much as you can about it. Go to the Janome website, or Husqvarna site and read the info. they include about the machine's features. Make a list of everything that's important to you to have in a machine. Go to the dealer and ask them to demonstrate the machine and show them your list. Ask them to explain the benefits of the various machines from the price you can afford to the highest price. This will give you a good idea of what you're getting. Figure out what you can afford to spend and go from there.
        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 27, 2011, 07:17 AM.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

My machine is a brother ULT2002D (uses floppy discs). I bought it 8-9 years ago. It's been a great machine. Brother has a lot of newer models with usb capabilities. They are very easy use. I would recommend you get the largest emb. field you can afford. When I was looking I narrowed it down to the UTL and janome 10000. I choose the ULT because I could get a better deal price wise. It was a hard choice.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I have two embroidery machines. The first one I purchased used and it's a Bernina 650 Deco. It is limited in that it only embroiders in a 4x4 inch hoop. I soon found I wanted to do things larger than that. I researched and bought a Husqvarna Designer Diamond and am truly happy with it. I do find that I don't use it as often as I should since I've been quilting more than embroidering. But, it's there when I need and want it. I've done some fantastic things with it and love all the features.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

There are many good embroidery machines available. I have a brother, and find them easy to use. I even use my embroidery unit for quilting, both as embroidery and as part of the quilting design. I would recomend that you look at the size of embroidery that a machine can do before you decide on a machine.

Comment

im sure its a good machine. i have the babylock ellegante 2. i love it. If you are looking I strongly recommend that it has a usb port so you can hook your computer up to it and i don't know what size hoop comes with the one you are looking at but believe me your going to want the big one eventually. I never buy the cards they are to expensive..they are so many great sites on here that have designs way cheaper and always having great deals.
                Patrice

Comment

I have a Babylock Essante and love it. I bought it for the embroidery function and have embroidered anything and everything with it. However, the traditional sewing function of the machine is a dream - many built in decorative stitches, heirloom etc., as well as a stippling stitch! Now that I have discovered quilting I am playing with that stitch too. Overall, it's a beauty of a machine and I really love it.

Comment

Hi Dawn. I have a Pfaff 2124 embroidery machine. I love it. I bought it about 4 or 5 years ago. It has a card reader that plugs into a USB port on your computer and that's how you transfer the embroidery designs to your embroidery machine. The card is the exact same size as a credit card and it holds lots of designs. Recently, I had to buy a new computer (Windows 7) and it would not read my card. I e-mailed Pfaff and they said I had to install a new software program called a communication program so Widows 7 would be compatible to my embroidery machine. Well, I was not in the market to buy yet another software program. Lucky for me my husband was able to get my Windows XP working just for my embroidery machine. So be careful what you buy.
                    Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

I love my Baby Lock Ellisimo.

Comment

Working...
                      X