LEAVING THE FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEAVING THE FORUM

Well, made a decision to leave this forum. What I thought was a friendly, helpful place to share and show has turned into a judgmental, catty place for criticism. I didn't come here for someone to jump on me for getting a couple of postal priority boxes to wrap fabric on. This person obviously needs to get a life and is miserable with her own. It's been fun, most of the time, I have gotten a lot of great advice here...but you won't see me posting again. Don't have time for the drama!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: LEAVING THE FORUM

Sorry to see you go. There does seem to be a lot of drama here at times. Sorry for the way you have been treated. It should not be like this.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

oh come on now - you AIN'T goin' no where . . . you know you love this place . . HEY - I hardly ever get an acknowledgement and I'm still here . . . oh sure I get a click of a like here or there or I get a few peeps giggling over the 2000 daily words that I allow the hubby . . I've even been accused of flying a bird - when it was my index finger . . LOL*~ and even had a thread locked out be'cuz of a political and/or religious link . . but there's prayers flying all over the place in/on this forum . . no one acknowledged my grief for a loss friend . . but I'm still here . . I have my pity parties just like everyone else here . .
      there are some peeps you just have to take with a gain of salt - and say . . poof . . your gone . . off my radar and live with the diversity . . gee . . don't we all live with diversity outside the realm of this virtual world ?

''just tossing in my 2 cents worth''
      2015 is here
      Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

Sorry you feel you need to leave all of us because of one person. Maybe just take a break and lurk for awhile then post when you feel like it. When I get tired of all the drama I just cool it for a bit . Hope you will come back soon.
        sigpic
        Hugs Ann

Comment

We will miss every person who decides to leave. Often, our writing takes on a tone that we really don't mean to impart. I know I've been accused of that and rightly so! We wish every forum member well, and if life takes you elsewhere, we can only say we are sorry to see you leave, and wish you only good things for the future! We hope you reconsider and decide to stay with us.

P.S. I advise every person to reread what they type and edit before you post quick replies. This can save a lot of hurt feelings.

Comment

Sorry to see you go. I have felt a little hurt by a couple things I have seen but I try to just let it flow off of me.
            Debbie

Comment

I guess I am just dense, HA, I missed the drama. Tough couple of years in my life, recently. Lots of things just roll off my back. Sorry that you have had your feelings hurt. Some folks are just blunt. My dearest buddy is blunt to the point of rudeness. But I love her dearly. Brenda

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                We will miss every person who decides to leave. Often, our writing takes on a tone that we really don't mean to impart. I know I've been accused of that and rightly so! We wish every forum member well, and if life takes you elsewhere, we can only say we are sorry to see you leave, and wish you only good things for the future! We hope you reconsider and decide to stay with us.

P.S. I advise every person to reread what they type and edit before you post quick replies. This can save a lot of hurt feelings.
                I have, several times, typed a reply and reread it sometimes even walked away and came back a read it...then deleted it because I ask myself "how would I feel if someone said that to me?"
                Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

My husband says he always asks himself, would I say that to my grandmother? It's a pretty good guage for most things in life.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Sorry about your decision. There are some in here that feel they must always dictate how things should be. I have taken a break now and then and just logged out and lurked. That way no one can check to see if you have been here. Don't let those select few instigators keep you from enjoying a forum that for the most part is great. Don't let them win!!!
                    If you ignore the bullies long enough they will give up.
                    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I read the thread. The only nasty comments I saw on it were from the person who is now dramatically leaving and posting more nasty comments.

Comment

I know where you're coming from. I try to remember that the tone the letter is read in isn't always the tone it was written in. Then again, some people feel they can say whatever they want. My husband's family has a saying,"Imagine how boring life would be if everyone were the same."

Hope to see you back here again.
                        Sometimes you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Dr. Seuss

Comment

I read the thread. The only nasty comments I saw on it were from the person who is now dramatically leaving and posting more nasty comments.
                          Vita, I never said anything nasty. I was the one that was attacked for using a couple of postal priority boxes as fabric boards. I am not dramatically leaving....just letting some of you know that you should check yourself before you comment, it hurts feelings and causes people to leave. This place should be a nice friendly place, not having fear of nasty comments with every post. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!
                          "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                          :D

Comment

As with any forum, there is the difficulty of becoming one of the "known ones." It is hard to break in when there are those who are consummate posters and/or have been here since forever. Sometimes you feel like the new kid on the playground who is standing outside of the circle. Then you try to come in and can be sorta unintentionally pushed aside for your views/comments.

I enjoy this forum, but am still one of the kids on the edge of the circle, often wondering about the things that seem to mean something to a lot of folks, and others who are as puzzled as I. It is part of joining a group of people, just as in the face to face world...except that when you can't see a persons face and hear their voice it is hard to gauge the response. That is the issue that confronts people on line. I have seen this on other forums as well. It is part of the internet world. And it is up to each person to decide if they wish to continue to join or not. JMHO.. and I will miss you.

AND as an aside I want to thank the moderators for their diligence in keeping this forum on such an even keel each day. You deserve stars in your crowns...
                            Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I have noticed three people that have a tendency to 'yak' about things in a not so friendly way. I have hidden them so I do not see their posts. Works for me. Don't leave. It's a great place for help and support.

Comment

Working...
                              X