Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to recommend the reading of a heartfelt post

Hi all,

With so many of us on this forum, so many personalities, so many issues, etc - you know what I am saying...

I would like to recommend, if you have a moment, to drop by Amy Gibson's blog. She inspires me and this particular blog reached my inner core. Stitchery Dickory Dock ? Cuckoo for Modern Quilting.

She reminds us that each day we each face different scenarios and we never know what someone is really going through.

The blog is titled Be Merciful. We always hope that people will have some mercy on us sometimes, so we really need to be sure we are showing the same.

Thanks for listening.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: I would like to recommend the reading of a heartfelt post

Thanks for posting this, Karen. I guess we all need to be reminded of this from time to time........I know I do.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

This was such a good message...thanks for posting it.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That was a good post - thanks for sharing it.

I have a friend that has a mentally handicapped daughter. She took her to the dentist and she threw a temper tantrum. People really gave her a hard time. They could not understand why a 10 year old was allowed to act that way. 1. She was terrified of the dentist. 2. On a good day she was equivalent to a 5 year old and on bad day a 2 year old. She's extreme ADHD and now have found out (she's 25 now) that she is also bi-polar. She also has several other birth defects.

My friend is a really good mother. The doctors had told her that her daughter would never walk. She can run and ride a bicycle. She has worked so hard with her helping her understand a confusing world. But whenever she's in public, a lot of people are extremely rude to them.

Although I am guilty of yelling at other drivers (they can't hear me - lol) but I try for the most part to be considerate.
        Vonnie

Comment

Vonnie. Thank you for your post. It is a perfect example of what we can come across on any day. Your friend is obviously a good mom, or her daughter would never have thrived as she did. How awesome.

p.s. I yell in the car too, I think its ok as long as they cant hear us lol
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I am signed up for Amy's Sugar Block club again this year and am especially liking the blogs that go along with the quilt patterns and recipes each month. Even if you don't do the club, her blogs are interesting and inspiring so far. It takes a lot to share some of our own adversities, and I think I am liking her more than I did before.
            Thanks for sharing this Karen. I guess we all need a reminder that we can't take everything at face value. I have also yelled at other drivers in the car; and I am sure some have yelled at me as well, so I guess it all evens itself out.
            :icon_wave: Linda
            "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Oh wow, Karen, thank you for a lovely reminder. Between Amy Gibson's post and my ladies Bible Study this morning I have been touched and convicted. We talked about that whatever we do, as Christians, should be done to bring glory to His name. That is His desire for us.

A good month to be reminded to show mercy and LOVE to those irregular people we come across.

Comment

Oh wow, Karen, thank you for a lovely reminder. Between Amy Gibson's post and my ladies Bible Study this morning I have been touched and convicted. We talked about that whatever we do, as Christians, should be done to bring glory to His name.

A good month to be reminded to show mercy and LOVE to those irregular people we come across.

Comment

A very good post, and a reminder to myself to be more considerate of others feelings.
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                  X