Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so nice to come home.... to find M* packages for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so nice to come home.... to find M* packages for me!

Ok, so I've been away for almost 2 weeks - my first overseas jaunt - to hubby's homeland, Portugal.
    Now before you ooh and aah .... this wasn't a vacation. My dear FIL has been ill - we needed to go there to assess the situation; we brought him back to the states with us for now (he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's). My wonderful 21yo daughter has willingly agreed to move into her 18yo sister's room for the time being so we can take care of him until we figure out exactly what the next step will be. God is truly gracious because I happen to work for a company that provides geriatric mental health services to nursing homes, and my daughter works in an assisted living retirement community, so we have access to information and resources to sort this all out!
    ANYWAY.... we pull in last night around 9pm (east coast time, but about 2am in my head - Portugal time), give my daughters looooooooooong hugs and kisses because I missed them like crazy; then I saw THE MAIL

3 packages (yes 3....) from M*. My first 3 orders (yaaaaaay!!!!) hmmmm... a layer cake, 2 charm packs, a honey bun, and a jelly roll, oh yeah the half hexagon template too..... oh boy, made this girl smile... I'm already planning for that honey bun (the kona dark) - I'm thinking either irish chain or log cabin or whatever! A very nice moment after the craziness of the past two weeks and the unknown future..... it will be a bit more difficult to carve out the time right now, but I will certainly try (who knows, maybe my FIL will want to learn how to sew )

Re: so nice to come home.... to find M* packages for me!

Sorry that your f-i-l. Glad you were able to be able to bring him home with you.

Enjoy quilting with your new fabric

Comment

Sorry about your FIL dealing with someone with Alzheimer's can be difficult ....make sure you take time out to do something for YOU!
      Even if it's checking in here and reading a few posts.....Patti

Comment

Originally posted by Fabricadabra View Post
        Sorry about your FIL dealing with someone with Alzheimer's can be difficult ....make sure you take time out to do something for YOU!
        Even if it's checking in here and reading a few posts.....Patti
        LOL... that is exactly what I'm doing now; catching up on the forum I think once we get into a routine I will be able to make time to sew. I'm thinking that if I do some cutting at the kitchen table (instead of in my sewing room in the basement), my FIL may enjoy watching the process.
        I was going to give up my new sewing room (just finished before we got the phone call from Portugal regarding my FIL, haven't even sewn in it yet!!!) temporarily to my 21yo daughter, but my DH wouldn't hear of it - he said that we created that for my sewing, and worked too hard on it for it not to be used for that purpose! I'm blessed that my girls love each other and have no problem sharing a room.... thanks to all who may have read this and are praying (I know you're out there!) for my situation right now. God is good and it will surely be an adventure

Comment

How are things going? Hopefully you are getting to do a little sewing in that new room of yours....I also hope your FIL is doing well.

Comment

Thank you for asking My FIL seems to be settling in - I've seen a big improvement physically since we picked him up from the hospital in Portugal - I need to put pictures or Portuguese words on some of the doors (bathroom, bedroom) as he sometimes forgets where the bathroom is (my house is tiny). I have been doing research as to how to help him and keep his mind active; I would say he's probably at a moderate stage of Alzheimer's right now - he knows all of us but yesterday he repeated the same story about 6 times right in a row while we were having lunch... I just nod and smile each time! (smile and wave boys...)
            Through the wonder of the internet, we are able to stream some Portuguese news stations on the ipad for him

As for me, I still haven't sewn, but I have cut some blocks and started planning out a quilt. I also bought the DD today, along with the last charm pack of Lost & Found (1st edition) - love those colors! I do work p/t from home (what a blessing), and it's been a bit busy, but I'm really hoping by next week to fire up my machine and sew... sew... sew...

Again, thank you for asking - this forum has been a nice respite from the busyness!
            - Norma

Comment

Working...
            X