I feel sick and happy at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel sick and happy at the same time

Is that possible? lol I'm finishing cleaning up my room and wanted to start on this landscape pillow kit. I take it out and some of the fabrics could of been better. I get my batik basket out, because surely there is a better sky. I'm rummaging through all this rumpled fabric and there are two batik jelly rolls on the bottom!

Are we so wired to get new fabric that we forget our old favorites now tossed to the bottom?

They need ironing so they will go into another basket for now. Poor things have been waiting so long. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Re: I feel sick and happy at the same time

I think the answer is yes. I have stopped buying charm packs recently because I have so many I really need to use what I have.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I have just been shoving things from one side of the room to another as I painted the sewing room. Today I bought those 9 cubby shelving units that will fit nicely under my cutting table. Can't wait to organize everything and figure out what I have and then get busy!!!! I even got the bins - 1 of each color, so that I can organize my scraps as I go. I just hope I really use this storage system.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Lisa, what cubbys did you get? Looking to finish my sewing room re-do....I have one side of the room done with the work stations, but now I have to figure out office and fabric storage
        "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
        :D

Comment

I got these at Target:
          ClosetMaid 9 Cube Organizer White : Target

My cutting surface is a hollow core door that we got at Menards for $5, so it is 80 inches X 30 inches. I got 3 of the 9 cubby and then 1 with 6 cubbies - the way my room is set up, I lose a little bit on the one side for storage, but I think it is going to be great!

Couldn't talk dh into getting them out of the van tonight to start putting them together. Hope we can work on them tomorrow - we aren't going anywhere with the weather we are supposed to get!
          Lisa

Comment

Oh man, I like those...I actually have the fabric bins that they show. I have each one full of certain colors of fabric. They would be perfect. Not in stock in our local Target, but I don't mind driving to Baton Rouge to get them. Post pics when you get it all put together! I love to see what others come up with for storage and workspace.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

I bought 6 different colored bins to hopefully hold my scraps in an organized fashion.... I didn't get all of the colors, but figured I could go back or find more on line.
              Lisa

Comment

They hold a LOT of scraps. I have been buying the black ones, I have 6 so far. I am trying to weed out my stash. I have decided that I don't need anymore than will fit in these bins! LOL yeah right!

Julie

Comment

I am going to put scraps in the appropriately colored bin - at least that is my goal! Then the yardage will be on comic book boards in the other cubbies. I have some of it on the comic book boards in the closet - lots more to wind.
                  Lisa

Comment

I think that is the hardest part of putting together a sewing room...is to figure out what to do with the fabric. I haven't done of the yardage on the boards...not sure about that yet.

Julie

Comment

I like the boards so far - they are like mini bolts and I can just unwrap as far as I need and then tuck it back on the shelf. Much better than the fabric that is not on the boards yet - shoved in a huge tote that I did through and is now just a jumbled mess!
                      Lisa

Comment

Have you ever tried to re-roll a jelly roll? I wish I could see the machine that does that! lol

Lisa I hope you show pictures of your room when your done!
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
                          I love to see what others come up with for storage and workspace.
                          I fold the fabric around a ruler to get a uniform size, and stack it on bookshelves.
                          fabric storage.jpg
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I fold the fabric around a ruler to get a uniform size, and stack it on bookshelves.
                            That looks really neat! I am going to order that cube storage unit from Target, organize my scraps...then I will see where I can put my yardage. Once the cube is packed with bins, I will have some shelf space. I saw a tutorial on You Tube on how to make those cardboard fabric bolts out of priority mail boxes from the post office. I may try that. I don't want to invest in the plastic ones, rather spend the money on the fabric! Oh and Lisa, I saw your painted wall in another thread...LOVE the yellow, so fresh and happy, you'll get a lot done in that room!

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]67135[/ATTACH]
                              Holy cow! That's some stash you have there! I was using the ruler way and switched to the comic cards. I don't think I could do it with all that though. It would cost a fortune in paper. lol
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X