X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet hate?

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
    I hate sandwiching the quilt
    Me too. It is the least favorite part of the entire process. Plus I still kind of suck at the FMQ. So the method of my madness: I make tops, don't sandwich them, and therefore can't screw up the quilting. Muuhaha.
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
    Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

Pattycake do you have any pics of your braid quilt?

Comment

Putting on the binding is what I hate. I have arthritis in my hands so hand sewing gets hard after awhile. Then I have to stop & start so it drags on. A friend showed me how to machine sew the binding so I use her method now. It actually looks pretty good if im careful with the seam lines. My hands hurt less & the quilts get DONE. Yay!!
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I have to agree with Patt. I don't like binding. It takes me longer to bind than to sew the actual quilt top or quilt it.
          "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
          Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
          Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

I pretty much enjoy the process of piecing and then snadwiching and quilting. My problem comes to matching the fabric to a pattern. I have plenty of precuts to make many many quilts but with the zillion patterns that I love I just cant pick one easily. Like a kid in a candy store, where to go first. Taking Craftsy classes and Jennys tutes help a lot.

So for me I need a pattern chooser lol
            :icon_happy:Karen
            Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

I guess because most of what I make are PICU quilts and other charitable ones, none of it bothers me. I find all of it enjoyable for the most part. But then they aren't huge quilts. I guess that is why I don't have but a couple UFO's, and not because of anything other than they didn't go together like I expected. So I might as well throw them out because I will never touch them again. I have had great fun since the beginning of this year, making quilts and quilting. I am loving the one I am sewing the binding on at the moment. If it were bigger I would have a hard time giving it away.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Sandwiching the quilt. I have to lay larger quilts out on the floor and tape them down. I would LOVE to have a huge table to do this part on, then I would love it all.
                Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Originally posted by BellasQuilts View Post
                  Sandwiching the quilt. I have to lay larger quilts out on the floor and tape them down. I would LOVE to have a huge table to do this part on, then I would love it all.
                  Save your pennies and buy some folding tables from Wally World. They are about 35 each....I have 3 that I set up when I need to sandwich. They also come in handy for family gatherings!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
                    Save your pennies and buy some folding tables from Wally World. They are about 35 each....I have 3 that I set up when I need to sandwich. They also come in handy for family gatherings!
                    Now that is an excellent idea!!!
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      Putting on borders, all of my UFOs are at that point right now.
                      I'm right there with you, Jean.

Comment

The part I absolutely hate is ripping out seams! :-< Also, the actual quilting part is not my favorite. I used to hand quilt, but my wrist and thumb gave out. Can't quite master FMQ. I have made some wallhangings and baby quilts to practice FMQ, but I think when I do a quilt for my bed (KING size) I will send it out to be quilted. My favorite part of quilting is the choosing the colors/fabric and designing how they go. It's like coloring for grownups, using fabric rather than crayons.
                        Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Sewing on the hanging sleeve.

Even though that means the item is almost done.
                          The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

Yes, binding - me too! I can NEVER get those mitered corners right! Or I'm SURE I've sewed exactly 1/4" all the way around, but some parts of the binding are nice & plump, others are flat & empty. Whaa?
                            At least I got the binding joined just right this time!

Comment

Borders! I loath cutting and putting on borders. No idea why.
                              "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                              Hillary Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
                                The sandwiching/quilting part. I love making the top and my absolute, all time favorite part is the binding.
                                YES! Exactly that!
                                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                                X