Help a newbie please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a newbie please

I bought some fabric and some charm squares when I didn't really know what I was doing....so now I have two charm packs and 6 yds. of fabric. The pattern calls for 30 fat quarters........can I do anything with what I have?

Re: Help a newbie please

What is the name of the pattern and how does it tell you to break down the fat quarters?
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Originally posted by estrogen View Post
      The pattern calls for 30 fat quarters....
      That is a lot of fat quarters! What is the pattern?

Originally posted by estrogen View Post
      ....can I do anything with what I have?
      Absolutely. Without knowing what pattern you were trying to make I can't say if it will work but there are literally hundreds of ways you could put a couple charm packs and yardage together to make a beautiful quilt.

If you can post more information about both the pattern you want to do and the specific fabrics you bought will get you more helpful responses.
      Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

It's the Yellow Brick Road pattern and I need 30 61/2x21 strips and 90 31/2 x21 strips

Comment

Depending on the color of the yardage, you could make a large Falling charms with what you have.

Comment

Ryan in another post you mentioned you made a bed runner........can you tell me how wide it is from foot of bed toward the headboard?

Comment

I'd suggest finding a pattern that uses 5" squares. I recently pulled out a charm pack and used a solid 5" square to make HSTs using Jenny's method. You can put the HSTs together in various layouts.

OR you could make snowball blocks from the charms and alternate them with squares from the other fabric.
              OR you can cut the charms in quarters and make 4-patches.
              Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
              Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

You could also google charm patterns. There about a zillion patterns nowadays for charm packs
                Check out your library for quilt books that say "precut friendly".
                Don't worry, fabric is never useless, you can always find something neat to make.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                X