Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracing for another round!

Well, Happy Monday all!
    I thought today was going to be filled with clients and real estate stuff....well, clients cancelled. So here I am cleaning and thinking about the next 2 days. We are supposed to get another round of sleet, snow, below freezing temps for the next 2 days. Today, is short sleeves and capris! Only in Louisiana can you experience a whole year's weather in 1 week! So I think I am off to the grocery store to see what "pot of something" I can make to keep the family warm for the next couple days and I will go to Hobby Lobby and get some backing and batting so I can finish the last 2 quilt tops that I made...my D9P and my Double Hour Glass. As long as the power hold out, I will be fine......if not, then I guess I'll be pulling out a knitting project!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: Bracing for another round!

Louisiana sure does have it's fair share of crazy weather and disaster situations. I've only visited once and it was many years ago. We have a friend who was born and raised in Baton Rouge. We had a fun visit with him. We spent the last day of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. So much fun eating beignets at Cafe du Mond and walking the streets watching all the crazies in their costumes. First and only time I've had alligator meat, an Oyster Po' Boy, and sac a lait. Oh yeah, we also went to my first and only rodeo! I was pretty grossed out at the men in cowboy hats spitting tobacco into paper cups while hooping and hollering over the activity in the ring. I also really enjoyed the River Road where we visited one of the plantations and took a river boat ride on the Mississippi. A visit I'll never forget.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; January 27, 2014, 09:55 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I think I will head to hancocks for some more thread bfr the weather gets bad. 60's this morning & freezing rain, snow tomorrow.
      Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Ahh Louisiana. Someday. I am a Jersey girl - born and raised, but I am a huge Saints fans and a trip to New Orleans to see my Saints at home in the Dome, and experience as much of the New Orleans sites, sounds and food that I can get in a week is definitely on my list of things to do.

I desperately wanted to get there for the week of the Super Bowl last year - even though the Saints didn't even make the playoffs - (ggrrrrrr Goodell). I just knew the weeklong festivities would have been worth the trip even without actual game tickets. I wanted to get some pictures of those brightly colored giant footballs they had around - and the giant floating roman numerals. We just couldn't make it work financially. Especially since most of the vacation days would have been unpaid. Ugh.

Soon though. Very soon.
        Vicki
        Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

You are right Julie.....can't believe we are doing this again! It will be a great day to stay home and sew!
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

We're in the same boat in Texas. All my appointments for tomorrow are cancelled, but we're actually hoping for snow. We only get it about once ever 5 years. I guess I need to remember where the gloves are stored, haha.

Comment

Working...
            X