Label Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label Question

Does anyone have any suggestions for a labeling product to label fabric that will adhere to the fabric but not leave a residue when removed? I have quite a bit of fabric in my stash and would like to label it. Something along the lines of Post-Its.

Thanks for your help.
    Ann

Re: Label Question

I've used blue painters tape before with no problems. How long do you think you'll leave the labels on? When I need to label fabric long term, I usually safety pin a paper label to it.
    I do that with batting too, I usually buy it by the yard & label the extra cuts with the size. All those large leftovers pieces that i stick together with the heat & bond tape. They make great batting for charity quilts & you would never know the batting was pieced. Saves me from unfolding a bunch to find one that will fit the quilt I'm working on.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I just pin the notes on with a safety pin. None of the sticky notes I tried worked.

Comment

I like to use a permanent marker on some scrap fabric and safety pin it.
        Vonnie

Comment

Thank you for the responses. A safety pin was kind of what we thought but was exploring different ideas. My husband has purchased a large quantity of Stonehenge fabric that will eventually become quilts, placemats, ext. but that will take sometime as I have other projects on the list also.
          Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
            I like to use a permanent marker on some scrap fabric and safety pin it.
            Thanks for this tip Vonnie.
            I think it will be much better than the paper notes I've been using. It won't tear like the papers do sometimes.
            May the road rise up to meet you...
            May the wind be always at your back...
            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I used to use pins for things like this and would come back to rust marks. There are those coated paper clips that might be a good solution.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Depending on how much you have of each, you could put them in ziploc bags (quart, gallon, even 2.5 gallon) then label the bag. This helps me find the scraps that went to a specific top in case I need them later for the backing or border, plus I can bring the bag with me when I go look at colors that will match for the backing.

As a bonus, this method helps keep my cat's hair off it.

Comment

Working...
                X