hsuband must be bored....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hsuband must be bored....

My husband was just here in my sewing room and asked if he cut a hole in my sewing desk to lower machine would I want that. I'm like, "YES YES YES!"
    Now I know I have seen the devices that lower your machine to make it flush with the table, or raise it above, but now I can't find it. Does any one know a good site? Gotta act while he's in the mood. Yesterday I was marking my quilt to quilt a lattice pattern and he came down and showed my an easier way to do it. I'm gonna make him a quilter yet!
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Re: hsuband must be bored....

My sewing table is done like this. I had seen the directions in a book at Joanns and showed my husband. On mine, he traced the footprint of the machine onto the table top, then cut it out. He then suspended a shelf with spacers which equaled the height of the machine from the bottom of the machine to the feed dogs. The machine fits right in the opening perfectly and does not move around. There are no mechanics involved, so the machine does not raise up and down, but that would be nice to have the extra table top space, if needed. I am quite happy with the results. There is enough space to the left of my machine that I can put an 18 x 24 mat there and on the right there is almost a foot of space to put miscellaneous supplies. I am at work now, but if you want, I can take pictures when I get home and post them for you.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Amazon sells the electric or hydraulic lift (one of the two, can't remember exactly what it's called) that can raise and lower your machine. I think they are about $170.00.

Adding the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-Sewing...g+machine+lift
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sewing Machine Lift Mechanism - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          Amazon sells the electric or hydraulic lift (one of the two, can't remember exactly what it's called) that can raise and lower your machine. I think they are about $170.00.

Adding the link.

Amazon.com - Sewing Machine Lift Mechanism - Sewing Cabinets
          Rockler was my late husband and DS's favorite store, like MSQC is to all of us! Of course, they would have something cool like this!

Comment

Here is a real simple one

DIY Sewing Table PlansBlue Dinosaurs

I think this is the same

http://frommartawithlove.com/diy-ike...able-tutorial/

This might be kind of high

http://www.andsewwecraft.com/2013/03...tension-table/
            Last edited by Hulamoon; January 23, 2014, 12:33 PM.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I agree Rockler is a good store. We have one not too far from us in Buffalo that we shop in frequently (my husband is a woodworker). My husband was thinking about making me a sewing table and had some concerns about the lift (weight restriction or height limits or something). I would call them directly or visit the store if you have one available and let them know the specifics of your machine and table. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. My DH ended up ordering a Koala Quiltmate for me for Christmas. It is wonderful and he's a keeper.
              Ann

Comment

image.jpg
                image.jpg

That white cord does not normally hang down. I bumped it when I moved the machine. Table is one we had from IKEA that we no longer used.
                Last edited by bubba; January 24, 2014, 08:52 PM.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                X