Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim from the Wall Street Journal wants some funny stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntiemern
    replied
    Re: Jim from the Wall Street Journal wants some funny stories?

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    Some of those DD ( daily deals ) stories Jenny writes, are hilarious.....!
    Jenny doesn't write them...in fact they aren't even written in Hamilton. They are written by a family friend. They are really funny though.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

Some of those DD ( daily deals ) stories Jenny writes, are hilarious.....I can't wait to see what the daily deal is, so believe it or not MSCQ has customers ( at least one ....ME ! ) that stay up until 12 midnight ( 1 AM my time here in Michigan ) to see what the DD is....and to see the DAILY DEAL story is about.
    Jenny has some cute things she does when making videos ( a few of the mistakes and I love the fact that she admits she like us !! ) ....and that always brings a smile to my face when this happens. like one time, she was making a quilt block ( not sure which tutorial this was ) but she almost cut it wrong....and she laughed and said "how many of you were saying "NO, No....don't do that ? " Well, maybe it wasn't funny to some, but I thought it was just hilarious !

I really enjoy MSCQ.....so much so that your website, forum, store, tutorials are my "go-to" place.....over my hometown shops. My hometown shops could learn a thing or two from MSCQ......I appreciate how MSCQ answers emails ....even though I don't have as many questions as I once did,
    I really appreciate the promptness of your replies.....

Keep up the good work Doan Family.....I can't wait to some day come to a retreat.....and do a little shopping face to face !!
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; January 23, 2014, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I don't think it is about the retreat, although I am sure the retreat center will be mentioned. I believe it will be about the economical and social impact that the Doan's and M* have had on Hamilton. And how the life of Hamilton and it's residents, have been helped by this business that started out as this itty bitty company that has grown into a global enterprise. Four years ago this business was started with a long arm machine and $2000. Look where it is now. That is an amazing story. The American dream come true.
    Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I hope this story is not just about the retreat. A ton of us couldn't get to go and we are here all the time chatting. Unless the reporter only want's locals? Which is understandable too.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I hope this story is not just about the retreat. A ton of us couldn't get to go and we are here all the time chatting. Unless the reporter only want's locals? Which is understandable too.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Hehehe ... Jim is a nice guy. I just got off the phone with him.
    Karen, were you telling the reporter "The Rest Of The Story" behind Al's back???? Tsk, tsk, I wonder how this article will turn out!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Hehehe ... Jim is a nice guy. I just got off the phone with him.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I agree with the others - stories about taking the UFO's to church at midnight, or how y'all started the forum when there wasn't any members yet and y'all posted as if you were females!

Al knowing the name of the fabric when I showed off my Moda Wildflowers Woven quilt.

How surprising it is to ask for something that isn't in the store, but is in the warehouse. One of y'all will run over to the store to get it just for us! That's customer service you don't find anywhere.

I think it's funny how y'all started out - buying a building because the long arm was too big for the house.

Gosh, I remember that night after supper when everyone was sharing stories about growing up and how we all deal with raising kids. That was truly some funny stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I don't have a funny story, but one about someone that worked there. When I got my orders I always got a sweet note from Morgan. She saw I was from Hawaii and would tell me about her plans to go to school here. I enlisted Sandy N to sneakly find out what school and her size. So I sent her a school tee shirt! She told me she wore it to work before she headed here. It was so much fun! Thanks Sandy for helping me out with that!

Leave a comment:

• Jess1377
    replied

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    What about when you did the first Q&A and Jenny was crawling around on the table because no one realized you were 'filming' yet.
    I don't know why you all can't come up with anything, cuz you were all telling funny stories the evening you had dinner at the retreat with us. I have old age as an excuse for not remembering all of them, but you kids should have no problem.
    Make sure you let us know when the article comes out.
    Lol, what she said! That was so cute watching her in the background for sure

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

Be sure to include how much we all love the bloopers at the end of some of the videos.......still thinking we would all buy a DVD with all the out takes on it! We all love how normal this makes Jenny to each of us!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Have you shown Mr. Carlton the emails you send us when an order is on its way? I laughed myself silly about the red velvet cushion and the carriage!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

All I know is that Jenny irons to the dark side.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

The best one of all is "The Show Must Go On" story. Here you guys had an idea to start YouTube videos, your mom breaks her foot, but you MAKE THE VIDEO ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PLANE TO CATCH or something. AND your mom does this fantastic job with the video that makes us all fall in love with her and Hamilton is re-born. Yep, that's the story he needs to hear!

That, or anything the Daily Deal lady writes.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

What about when you did the first Q&A and Jenny was crawling around on the table because no one realized you were 'filming' yet.
    I don't know why you all can't come up with anything, cuz you were all telling funny stories the evening you had dinner at the retreat with us. I have old age as an excuse for not remembering all of them, but you kids should have no problem.
    Make sure you let us know when the article comes out.

Leave a comment:

• MarianneK
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    Sorry...I have nothing.
    Why......?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X