Love Affair With This Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Affair With This Fabric

These type prints speak to me for some reason but I've never pictured how to use them. This etsy seller has them as fat quarters and larger cuts. A typical 50's dress out of this fabric (in my size at her prices) would be well over $50.00.

Paris 1.jpgParis 2.jpgParis 3.jpgParis 4.jpgParis 5.jpgParis 6.jpgParis 7.jpgWriting 1.jpgWriting 2.jpg

Still I love the vibe of these fabrics. I have yet to see a quilt or an outfit made of this type of fabric.

Just sharing love of fabric.
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: Love Affair With This Fabric

Awesome fabrics !!!
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Those are neat. While I haven't seen these fabrics used, my daughter adapted a "woven" pattern alternating a square of oriental with three of the colors of the material. I did a fundraising quilt in a similar style. Simple, but with nice fabric, very pretty.

Comment

I think those would be cool as those bulletin boards that have ribbon criss crossing on them. I think a couple would be fun for a pair of summer capris. Very fun fabrics!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          I think those would be cool as those bulletin boards that have ribbon criss crossing on them. I think a couple would be fun for a pair of summer capris. Very fun fabrics!
          I love those boards! Yeah, that would be cute, Hulamoon.

I found this seller on eBay when I purchased the no. 4 fabric. Get this, at that time I did not know about FQs, right, so I ordered one and when I get this tiny piece of fabric (compared to the 1 yard in my mind) I was po'd. Thus my intro into the FQ, ha ha. So, I've had this FQ for a couple years just sitting in what could be called my "stash", stash that it is. I had originally purchased it to make a peasant blouse. Now I pull it out every now and again, eyeball it, touch it, fold it and put it back.

I just received my versatile wave purse pattern and instructions. That fabric would be an astounding reversible base for my purse. Yeah, that'll be nice AND I'll get to see/use it regularly. Here's a pic of a "Versatile Wave" purse. I am IN LOVE with this purse, it's versatility. versatile wave 2.jpg
          Last edited by lyric; January 22, 2014, 04:37 PM.
          sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

I adore the Parisian fabric! I'm drooling with you, Lyric! Do you have a link for the Etsy seller??
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              I adore the Parisian fabric! I'm drooling with you, Lyric! Do you have a link for the Etsy seller??
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/scizzors

In case the link does not work her etsy name is: Scizzors, her name is "Pat".

Keep us posted if you get some.

Goodnight all.
              sigpic

Comment

I made and have seen other totes made from the line that the colored one on the right is from. That was a nice line of fabric! Hard to find anymore though.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I checked out her store and saved her as a favorite. She has some fun fabrics!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Great ideas! The bulletin board is terrific and definitely purses. Throw pillows for a bedroom would be fun.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I love these!
                      Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I've been looking at making this quilt, but haven't found the perfect fabric yet. Your fabric reminded me of it.

» Letters From ParisThe Big Block Quilt Timeless Treasures

Comment

Hi Lyric.........here is a pinterest link you will enjoy!

April In Paris ~ Black & Cream

The quilt link that Pandabear posted is pretty too.
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Very interesting fabric.
                            SandyWhite
                            Ocala, Florida
                            http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

All those ideas are great. The fabric is so pretty! Here's a good quilt I keep in mind for prints I'd rather not cut up too small...
                              This one was blue, but my picture turned it green.
                              It's just a log cabin type block with extra large center blocks.

DSCI0022.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X