Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found another quilt shop close by me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found another quilt shop close by me.....

I found a quilt shop that is only about 45 minutes from me. It is Forever in Stitches. I told DH that when we get a nice day I want to go over there. The first thing he said is "is it near Bass Pro"...uh NO. He'll probably find some kind of sporting store to stop at.

I notice the have classes and may check it out. I have not been too keen on taking a class again but maybe I'll give it another chance.
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; January 22, 2014, 12:46 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Re: Found another quilt shop close by me.....

LOL - If my hubby is with me he will either drop me off or come in with me. Funny thing is if he comes in with me I spend more money and buy more stuff. He'll say just get it you'll use it eventually. Heck you don't have to tell me twice lol
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

We will have to go there the next time I am home!!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

My husband just mentioned Bass Pro last night!!! They are putting one in near us and he is truly excited. Too bad it's not by any quilt shops.....
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
          I found a quilt shop that is only about 45 minutes from me. It is Forever in Stitches.

I notice the have classes and may check it out. I have not been too keen on taking a class again but maybe I'll give it another chance.
          What happened...do tell!
          ~Kathy~

Comment

Yeah! Glad you have a shop near you.

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
              What happened...do tell!
              OMG....the lady that was a teacher was so nasty and mean. She complained about all my supplies! My rotary cutter - an Olfa. My ruler- I forget the brand of it and even my fabric that I bought at a quilt shop - not cheap fabric. We were making a Maple Leaf Log Cabin quilt and didn't even get one complete block of each done! We were there 4 or 5 hours and she told us we couldn't even take a break. Well I couldn't wait for that class to end and haven't taken another one.

I finally finished the top on my own - it's still not quilted but it's on my list to do. I think I almost hate that quilt LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
                Yeah! Glad you have a shop near you.
                There are a couple of others that are closer, they are both small which is fine. One doesn't have a lot of quilting fabric and the other has quite a bit for as small as it is - so I go there a lot. I think the store I'm wanting to go to is probably larger and I want to check it out.

Comment

The main Bass Pro is in Springfield and when we go Jeff drops me at the quilt shop and heads for BassPro. I love to go there almost as much as he does, so it's a toss-up where I would rather go.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like Bass Pro too but there are no quilt shops, that I know of, nearby. There is a quilt shop (the one with the rude teacher) close to Sportsmans Den. I will still go to the fabric shop and look at fabric...but I won't make a special trip there anymore...I don't care if they do have 8,000 bolts of fabric.

Comment

The one you found is west of you. We have to find one east of you and west of me so we can meet up again.
                      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

FYI , there is a nice quilt store close to a bass pro shop and nascar in Concord NC, just outside Charlotte
                        Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Wow Shirley, that sounds awful! Sorry you had such a lousy experience.
                          Hopefully you will like this new place and have a much more pleasant experience if you decide to take a class.
                          Let us know what happens!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                            I found a quilt shop that is only about 45 minutes from me. It is Forever in Stitches. I told DH that when we get a nice day I want to go over there. The first thing he said is "is it near Bass Pro"...uh NO. He'll probably find some kind of sporting store to stop at.
                            Looks like a nice shop. It's an hour south of me right down 75.
                            SandyWhite
                            Ocala, Florida
                            http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Forever in Stitches is about 35 min from me. I have taken a class there and really enjoyed it. Bluffton is a nice little town.
                              Dawn

Comment

Working...
                              X